Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More See more Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

21 October 2016
It’s not often I admit to being hooked from the first page of a story, but I’m happy to stand up and announce that Salvage had me from line one.

Strong female characters who stay strong, complex, and realistic for the whole book, male characters that are realistic as well especially in the way they react/respond to women, a fast-paced storyline, and set in Sydney, Australia; what’s not to love about this?

The use of current climate change issues melded with mining industry and (grubby) politics brings the story close to home. The challenges in the story come about as a result of what is happening in our world now: over reliance on mining, denial of climate change, the apparent lack of government support for alternative energy, and the changing whims of politicians. Martin shows us our future and it’s not pretty.

I enjoyed Martin’s writing style, appreciated his treatment of female characters, loved the gritty reality of a world on the brink of disaster right here in Sydney. Recommended read.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink