Top positive review
Overall a cheap but good pair of earphones
Reviewed in Australia on 28 November 2020
For the price of less than $45 (shipping inc.), I just cannot fault this pair of earphones (from Taotronics). They look very similar to the Apple Airpods, and so do many other Chinese 'copy cats', but that is a compliment not a complaint, any competition is good competition for consumers, and especially at almost $200 discount comparing with the Airpods. With that said, this is still a relatively (or rather very) cheap product that you can get, so there are a few things you should be aware of prior to purchasing them:
1. Sound quality: this is surprisingly not bad, and exceeded my initial expectations of this pair of bluetooth earphones.
2. Ergonomics: as mentioned above, quite similar (copy cat*) to the Apple Airpods, and they wear very comfortably, and do not seem to strain my ears much.
3. The smart feature: I like how the earphones can detect if you are wearing them or not, and will stop the music accordingly, which is very nice.
4. Price: this is the most important factor, for this sub $45 price tag, what more can you realistically expect?
1. Noise cancellation: well, it has a bit of noise cancellation, and that is about all what I could say. Nothing currently on the market would ever match the performance of the Apple Airpods Pro; however, that is some $300 more expensive, so I am happy with my purchase (I never thought that noise cancellation would ever work on in-ear headphones at all, except Airpods Pro).
2. The smart feature: it is lovely that the earphones automatically detect if you are currently wearing them or not, and will stop the music automatically. BUT, if I remove one earphone to speak with someone, for instance, the music will also automatically stop...I guess we humans have to compromise a bit when the AI takes over the world...
Overall, this is a purchase that I am very happy with, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget but good bluetooth earphones.