Top positive review
Setup a bit tricky but works well
18 December 2018
A few things re. the installation:
* The plug I received appears to be a newer version (which is good) than the one described in the instructions.
* The plug may not automatically blink when plugged in for the first time (it is supposed to blink according to the instructions). Hold the power button down until the blue light starts to flash. Use the mobile app to connect to your wifi.
* Instructions didn't follow the on-screen information in the Alexa app. Alexa found the plug, set itself up and asked if I wanted to turn it on (which I did of course).
* There are at least 25 apps in the Play Store named ‘Smart Life’. Use the QR code in the instructions to confirm which app to download.
* The size of the plug is a bit large and took some rearranging to fit with other Australian plugs. It seems to work ok on a power strip.
* I contacted the manufacturer re. my feedback and they quickly replied offering to chat if I was experiencing any problems.
* Hopefully Amazon will sell their smart plug in Australia (now available in the USA)-it would eliminate an extra app on the phone.