Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

From Lukov with Love
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.19

on 4 March 2018
I loved being taken on a roller coaster ride for the complex journey of Jasmine's developing self awareness and building trust in her longtime frenemie, Ivan.

There's a lot of emotional involvement for the reader with lots of laughter, a gasp of suspense then being bought near tears at the next moment! I loved the snark-talk between characters and had several laugh out loud moments!

As with some of Marianna's other beloved novels there's not a lot we learn about the male lead and his thoughts or motivations. True to form, Mariana's lead woman is a delight: a fiesty, gutsy and mouthy straight-talker who doesn't stand for bitchiness or drama.

The actual get-together of the couple comes suddenly and unexpectedly but it's a very satisfying HEA all the same.
I do like that unexpected stomach-flip of 'awww' when the characters take that first real step toward happiness!
on 25 February 2018
Enjoyed another slow burn romance from Mariana Zapata. From Lukov with Love had another sports background setting and I find I enjoy Mariana's books with a sports background the most. Besides the slow burn romance it usually gives you a bit of an inside into the sport and the training that is required to perform at top level. The ice skating subject was very topical with the Winter Olympics being on in South Korea at talmost the same time as I read the novel. Another winner!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 April 2018
This was such a great book. I just wish we’d seen more of Ivan and Jasmine as a couple.
I loved the figure skating aspect. They definitely made a great pair on and off the ice. Would love to see more of them.
A must read for fans of slow burn romances.
on 18 February 2018
Marianna's books should come with a warning - once started you can't put them down! Great read, believable with feisty characters that keep you turning the page as you are drawn into their world.
on 9 February 2018
Ahhhhhh this book ended! Every book from mariana is like eatting your favorite chocolate you just do not want it to end!!!!

Love love loved it!!!
on 13 February 2018
Witty, fun, real banter and awesome dialogue. Real emotions and awesome characters. I LOVE the Santos and Lukov families! Now for the wait for the next Zapata creation!
on 20 February 2018
I love all of Zapata's books & loved this one especially! I find her writing captivating, & reading is effortless. All the characters & experiences are describes so well & Jasmine's story unfolds beautifully. I know I will be re-reading it soon.
on 18 April 2018
Mariana is a one click author for me and this book was no except. Loved every second of it and I can’t wait to read what you bring out next
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
Mariana Zapata writes books that are best savoured slowly and From Lukov With Love is no exception. I would not call it a slow burn romance. For me, it was more an exploration of Jasmine Santos’ character and the self-awareness that comes to her as she is faced with professional and personal issues.

Zapata has great talent when writing about and slowly exposing her heroine’s vulnerabilities and Jasmine is no exception. We get to see the highs and lows and the frustrations of being a professional athlete that’s not at the top of her game. It is humbling and at times painful to read. It’s especially painful when Ivan Lukov, a champion many times over, offers Jasmine an opportunity that seems too good to be true.

Ivan and Jasmine are no strangers to one another. They have skated at the same facility for years and Jasmine's good friend is Ivan’s sister. Irrespective of their constant bickering and insults, it’s clear from the outset that Ivan’s feelings towards Jasmine extend beyond the professional. And there are some wonderful moments when Ivan’s support of Jasmine, both physically and emotionally, is truly romance book worthy. Frustratingly, this attraction between them remains in the background for the majority of the book, including Jasmine’s awareness of Ivan’s feelings for her.

When hate becomes love, it truly is like the flip of a coin. All of a sudden they are in love and that’s it. I do believe they are in love but I wish they were more vocal about their journey to this point. I particularly wish we spent more time with Ivan and learned more about him earlier in the book, especially his thoughts and feelings about Jasmine before his declarations in the final stages of the book.

Overall, From Lukov With Love is a good read. I enjoyed it but it’s not my favourite Zapata book.
TOP 10 REVIEWERon 4 February 2018
In typical MZ style, she ticked all the boxes for a great read. The authentic characters were wonderfully developed. Jasmine and Ivan were 'pairs' ice-skating athletes who, due to circumstances, were partnered up. Jasmine was focused, quirky, prickly, honest, loyal and strong-willed. She was also vulnerable, conflicted and flawed (she hadn't yet reached her potential, either). Ivan 'The Son of Satan', Lukov was arrogant, sharp, complex and fallible, but he had such strength and was capable of deep and fierce love. He was already a champion. Despite their history of animosity and numerous, vigorous battles, they were serious athletes and built a workable relationship...then more (or was there always something?)
The plot was strong, nicely paced and well-thought-out. I felt the pain, drama, struggles and frustrations. The journey was relatable and the imagery was real. The book was told via Jas' POV.
Other strengths were:
1. The enemies to lovers approach was done, oh so well - natural and uncontrived.
2. The clever humour, banter/sarcasm and musings...brilliant!
3. The Santos family dynamic was gorgeous and supportive (a bunch of stirrers 😂).
4. Mariana's delicious signature 'slow burn' romance was tantalising - beauty, respect, loyalty, a partnership - plus passion and chemistry.
5. Ruby and Aaron ('Dear Aaron') played a part - nice to catch-up.
6. The conclusion/epilogue wàs completely satisfying.
There were no weaknesses in the book, whatsoever!
'The Wall of Winnipeg and Me' remains my no.1 contemporary romance narrative (yes, I'm true to Van and Aiden 😙), but 'From Lukov with Love' is way up there, giving 'Winni' a healthy nudge. Thanks for the fabulous experience, Mariana. You are a natural story-teller and a generous, talented writer. Consumed it! Loved it!