Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

From Lukov with Love
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:A$6.19

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
Mariana Zapata writes books that are best savoured slowly and From Lukov With Love is no exception. I would not call it a slow burn romance. For me, it was more an exploration of Jasmine Santos’ character and the self-awareness that comes to her as she is faced with professional and personal issues.

Zapata has great talent when writing about and slowly exposing her heroine’s vulnerabilities and Jasmine is no exception. We get to see the highs and lows and the frustrations of being a professional athlete that’s not at the top of her game. It is humbling and at times painful to read. It’s especially painful when Ivan Lukov, a champion many times over, offers Jasmine an opportunity that seems too good to be true.

Ivan and Jasmine are no strangers to one another. They have skated at the same facility for years and Jasmine's good friend is Ivan’s sister. Irrespective of their constant bickering and insults, it’s clear from the outset that Ivan’s feelings towards Jasmine extend beyond the professional. And there are some wonderful moments when Ivan’s support of Jasmine, both physically and emotionally, is truly romance book worthy. Frustratingly, this attraction between them remains in the background for the majority of the book, including Jasmine’s awareness of Ivan’s feelings for her.

When hate becomes love, it truly is like the flip of a coin. All of a sudden they are in love and that’s it. I do believe they are in love but I wish they were more vocal about their journey to this point. I particularly wish we spent more time with Ivan and learned more about him earlier in the book, especially his thoughts and feelings about Jasmine before his declarations in the final stages of the book.

Overall, From Lukov With Love is a good read. I enjoyed it but it’s not my favourite Zapata book.
on 9 February 2018
Ahhhhhh this book ended! Every book from mariana is like eatting your favorite chocolate you just do not want it to end!!!!

Love love loved it!!!
on 18 February 2018
Marianna's books should come with a warning - once started you can't put them down! Great read, believable with feisty characters that keep you turning the page as you are drawn into their world.
on 20 February 2018
I love all of Zapata's books & loved this one especially! I find her writing captivating, & reading is effortless. All the characters & experiences are describes so well & Jasmine's story unfolds beautifully. I know I will be re-reading it soon.
on 13 February 2018
Witty, fun, real banter and awesome dialogue. Real emotions and awesome characters. I LOVE the Santos and Lukov families! Now for the wait for the next Zapata creation!
TOP 10 REVIEWERon 4 February 2018
Mariana Zapata is a 'one click' download for many of us, so I was thrilled to see the message announcing, 'From Lukov with Love' was live! I downloaded, read until late, then on and off the following day (yes, it's a long read). Consumed it! Loved it!
In typical MZ style, she ticked all the boxes for a great read. The authentic characters were wonderfully developed. They were pairs ice-skating athletes who, due to circumstances, were partnered up. Jasmine was focused, quirky, snarky, honest, loyal, confident and strong willed. She was also vulnerable, conflicted and flawed (she hadn't yet reached her potential, either). Ivan 'The Son of Satan', Lukov was cheeky, sharp, complex and fallible, but he had such strength and was capable of deep and fierce love. He was already a champion. Despite their history of animosity and numerous, vigorous battles, they were serious athletes and built a workable relationship...then more (or was there always something?)
The plot was strong, nicely paced and well-thought-out. I felt the pain, drama, struggles, frustrations and love. The journey was relatable and the imagery was real. The book was written in first person and told via Jas' POV.
Other strengths were:
1. The enemies to lovers approach was done, oh so well - natural and uncontrived.
2. The clever humour, banter/sarcasm and musings...brilliant!
3. The Santos family dynamic was gorgeous (a bunch of stirrers 😂) but they could be judgmental, too.
4. Mariana's delicious signature 'slow burn' romance was tantalising - beauty, respect, loyalty, a partnership, plus passion and chemistry.
5. Ruby and Aaron ('Dear Aaron') played a part.
6. The conclusion/epilogue wàs completely satisfying.
There were no weaknesses in the book, whatsoever!
'The Wall of Winnipeg and Me' remains my no.1 contemporary romance narrative (yes, I'm true to Van and Aiden 😙) , but 'From Lukov with Love' is way up there, giving 'Winni' a healthy nudge. Thanks for the fabulous experience, Mariana. You are a natural story-teller and a generous, talented writer.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 February 2018
Every time I write a review for a new Mariana Zapata book, I say things like “this is my new favourite” and “wow, another 5 Star hit” and boy this book is no different! As someone who is not typically a fan of the slow burn, Her books are just so amazingly well written that you don’t even realise you are in fact reading a slow burn book. So much emotion and chemistry and such a believable story about 2 people gradually falling in love.

I loved Jasmine. She was so strong, fierce and independent and Ivan, he started out coming across as cold but he ended up being exactly what Jasmine needed and her biggest supporter.

Such a beautiful story, and no doubt it will be one of my top reads of 2018!
on 10 February 2018
Honestly, I found out Mariana had a new book out I didn't care what the title was or what it was about it was an automatic one click purchase. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Not really a surprise since I have loved all her books and am obsessed with everything she publishes.

She truly is the queen of slow burn, the investment you build in the characters arghh it's so good. The wittiness, banter and character growth is fantastic. I already can't wait for this to become printed so I can buy it and start re-reading it all over again before adding it to my Mariana Zapata bookshelf.

Honestly, this book made me cry, laugh and then do both at the same time. I wish I could give the author a giant hug for bringing such happiness into the world with her books.
on 19 February 2018
Another amazing book by Mariana Zapata. I love the way she writes such beautiful love stories without the relationship being the main focus of the book.

I loved Jasmine who seemed to find herself such an unlikable character that you couldn't help but love her. Ivan and the supporting characters were wonderful as well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 February 2018
Mariana Zapata is one of my faves. I live her slow burn style that really lets you get to know her characters and why they work together as lovers. This is my fave from her since Wall of Winnipeg and Me, which is in my top 10 romance novels of all time.