Top critical review
You get what you pay for!
22 April 2018
Purchased from amazon-Australia via Amazon Seller - iTrade-StoreAU
Sequence of events leading up to this Order.
• 7.2. 2018 ordered Akaso EK 7000BL
• 16..2. 2018 Shipping commenced.
• 16.3. 2018 Arrived at designated address.
From initiating order to delivery - 35 days
1. Tested the waterproof casing – using tissue – 100% success.
2. Tested Video – 4k, 2.7k and 1080-60 – the 4k setting is a faux – everything else O.K.
3. Average battery life 50-55 min.
4. Submerged the camera in its waterproof case – started the video and left it to run until the battery de-activated.
- Results – 100%
5. All other options functioned – the remote control particularly was good over a long distance.
That’s the positive comments………now…..
While all these tests were being carried out – successfully -the camera itself did not!
From the 2nd test the camera overheated causing a crescent look on the waterproof ‘eye’.
This heating was over the norm that you expect from a battery driven camera…very hot when I took it out of the waterproof casing.
All other tests resulted in the same extreme fault – the battery was not affected when extracted from the camera.
I wonder how hot more damage could have occurred, if I had replaced the first battery with the second to carry on filming!!!
Attached are two photos highlighting the crescent- incidentally, not so severe but the crescent appeared after I had carried out test No. 4.
notified this trader about this problem - who offered to ship a new one - we accepted - advised it would take 20-25 days.
Nothing has arrived.
20 4. 2018
Advised the trader who once again offered a replacement.....have not responded - enough is enough.
Collective timeline: 78 days..and counting.
I am planning to write this off as a bad debt.....but 'buyer beware' will linger in the mind.
If, I buy anything else....via Amazon...This is my first negative purchase from Amazon. - All other purchases have been successful.