Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

#1 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
There was/is a lot of hype surrounding this book and it kept being recommended to me via Amazon and through my Facebook newsfeed so I felt I had to buy it., however I’ll be honest, I had little expectations... yet, I found that ‘The Woman in the Window’ is ‘The Girl on the Train’ meets ‘Rear Window’ - that well loved Hitchcock film based on a short story. Hence making this one of the best twisted psychological thrillers I've read in a long time.

A.J. Finn has created a captivating character in Dr. Anna Fox - our protagonist. She suffers from agoraphobia resulting from a devastating incident that has significantly damaged her. She mixes alcohol with her medication and spends her days looking out her windows at her neighbourhood.

Actually she spies on them, taking pictures with her camera. Making up names and backstories where she does not know the truth and keeping careful watch of what they all get up to. A new family moves in and Anna starts watching them as well.
One day, she hears a scream coming from the Russell's house, and she sees what she thinks could be a crime. But looks can be deceiving, especially if the watcher isn't exactly sober at the time, which is the police's attitude. Did Anna really see what she thought she saw and, if so, why are the Russell's lying?

This debut grabbed me from the first page, held me captive throughout. And if you love a book that is patient and slowly reveals itself to you before shocking you then you will love ‘The Woman in the Window’.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 February 2018
What a great book. I was almost put off by a bad review but decided to read it anyway because of other reviews. This story had me completely enthralled. I couldn't put it down and now I'm disappointed I've finished it. A true thriller with so many different facets it keeps you guessing right to the end. I won't say anything about the plot, discover it for yourself. I can't wait to read A.J. Finn' s next book and hope it's not far off. I highly recommend this book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 February 2018
This book seems to be following the current fashion to have unlovable women as main characters. Think of The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl. Anna is a mess. She is agoraphobic, has a bad drinking problem, swallows handfuls of prescription pills, has neglected her personal appearance, lies to everybody including her therapist and has been unfaithful to her husband. Even when later in the book we learn of the trauma that led to her agoraphobia we have sympathy for her but not empathy.

The plot is a variation of the thriller standard where no one will believe that the main character has seen a crime and so he/she tries to solve the crime themselves. In this case no one believes what Anna has seen because she was drunk and doped up at the time.
The book is written in the first person and it is a credit to the author that he has succeeded in keeping our interest in this difficult to write point-of-view. There are cliff hangers and story twists all the way through and of course a surprise ending.
It is an engaging read but not really a page-turner. The unappealing main character rather dulls interest.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 February 2018
This is easily one of the oddest but best books I have ever read. As I read, I was totally engrossed. I eventually tore myself away from it for much needed sleep. Go to work, come home and think about this book. Do I want to continue to read? It's weird. Maybe give up on it and try something else. Maybe not. Start reading again and within seconds, I'm addicted. Word after word after word. The author describes mental illness and alcoholism so well. The author is amazing. The twist at the end is something I never saw coming. The author writes like the entire book is a map. Full of highways, streets, roads and lanes. You think you know where you're going and then "boom" you end up somewhere else.
on 14 February 2018
When I started this book I thought, it was way to detailed in it’s descriptions, however, it started to really paint strong imagery in my mind. It was like watching a thriller on the edge of your seat, but I was actually in bed reading a book.

The story is strong, strange at first, but the more you read, the more sense things start to make.
I loved the way that the story starts early, describing things that actually relate to the twists and endings at the end of the book.

This book was probably one of the best for surprises I’ve read in a long time. I honestly didn’t pick anything (twists) until I read it.

You know how sometimes you can pick the twists in a book before they happen, so you kind of scan ahead of yourself just to see that your right? Well in this book, I didn’t do that at all because when the twists happened, I’d not expect it at all so I was not prepared! It’s brilliant!

I loved this book, great read! I don’t normally ever give 5 star reviews, because I always believe that everything can be better, but I was so happy with this book I’m giving it 5 stars! Loved it!

LFE.
on 20 February 2018
Starts off reminding you of rear window. Rapidly becomes its own story. Surprise heaped on surprise. Didn't want to put it down, couldn't wait to get to the end, but didn't want it to finish.
Great read.
on 4 February 2018
I loved this book. It was beautifully written and my interest did not waver at any stage.

A beautiful character study of someone with post stress disorder trying to heal.

Some unexpected surprises in the story made interesting reading.
on 2 February 2018
This book was okay , certainly didn’t live up to its hype , I’ve read far better books before , which haven’t had the fanfare that this one has generated
on 4 February 2018
A gripping debut thriller. A page turner that surprises at every turn. Keeps you guessing till the end. Great read.
on 16 February 2018
Really enjoyed this book. It is very readable with a compelling storyline. This book is good as any other psychological thriller I have read in the last few years.