Top positive review
Great health app. Fantastic sound. Very stable during workouts.
Reviewed in Australia on 30 January 2020
First one was a dud, and in all honesty, it took too long with complications in the way for the replacement. Hopefully, Amazon Aust support staff can improve in the future.
The replacement device was fabulous in terms of functionality, sound and stability.
- Outstanding sports app. The app itself is on par with some of the premium sports apps that charge you on a per annum basis. Great range of exercise tracking, extensive monitoring including GPS and detailed reports. It has several programs depending on your level of fitness and how you'd want to progress. Together with the inbuilt monitors, it can act as a mini coach!
- Good features. The HR monitor works well with the same accuracy compared to my Apple Watch. Built-in GPS works well, including where to find the earbuds too. The monitor(s) in the earbud accurately detects if you are doing a push-up or a crunch, nice!
- Very good sound. I have Jaybird Vista, Sony WH1000, Bose QC25 &35, and I would say the sound quality is around the same as those outstanding earphones/buds.
- Very stable. I run and do boxing with them and the earbuds remain in my ear. My Jaybird Vista fell out on my first trail run down the crevice never to be recovered (also fell out while exercising at the gym). The Elite Sport never had that issue (I used the more stable foam which also gives great sound insulation)
- Good connection - connects the moment you take the earphones out of the recharging box. Jaybird Vista wasn't as fast. Slightly less range than my Sony WH1000XM3 (Bluetooth 4.2 vs 5.0) but cannot tell the difference on daily use.
- 3 Year IPX67 warranty gives great peace of mind.
- Separate indicators for battery reserves for the earbuds and the charging case.
- The stupid hard buttons. - I hate them! you really had to push down for a click and that's uncomfortable and not useable single-handed. Really hated that, but have to cope with it and not enough to lower the score for me.
- No magnet to keep the earbud in the charging connection - not a big deal unless your hands were preoccupied, and they fell out while you try to put them in the case.