Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 February 2017
Joy Ellis does it again. I can't put her books down i read them straight through with only a very quick break, it is now 0600 in the morning, i have just finished the book. What a great read!
6 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 May 2017
It is a pleasure to read well constructed books and Joy has not failed to deliver. DI Nikki Galena and DS Joe Easter investigate the killing of a young girl who is found in a barn with a finger cut off. There are similarities to an unsolved murder in Derbyshire and then a girl with similar injuries escapes. At the same time an old enemy and villain Freddie Carved is seen around their patch. The team undertakes their usual thorough police work as the dots start to join. They joined with Derbyshire and DS Ben Radley in particular. So the private lives and loves also continue with Nikki and Joe still wondering while others come together.

Joy manages the various stories and keeps the interest. She is a very good writer and there are plenty of twists and surprises. This is a good read.
One person found this helpful
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 1 May 2018
This is a 3.5 star read.

I really struggled with this novel, the 6th in the Nikki Galena series, which was quite perplexing as I normally hang on every word the author writes and I'm totally mesmerised with her characters Nikki and her partner Joseph.
Maybe it was because I was coming out of a reading slump and I see it took me nearly a month to read this, so I'm thinking it was more than likely that I was having a hard time connecting and feeling invested in the main characters this time. However, by halfway through the novel Nikki and her team became far more animated, the story flew by and I was riveted to the action both criminal and personal.
Fluid and well written as always, the story had a few subplots that were woven seamlessly into the main plot ensuring an exciting revelatory conclusion . I feel the author has set in process a big upheaval in the future of the series with Tamsin and Niall's engagement and the possibility of a marked change in Nikki's and Joseph's friend based relationship, with the arrival of his ex-wife on the scene. It should make for a very exciting start to the next book in the series! (which you know I have already downloaded. 😜)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 February 2017
Eagerly looked forward to this next instalment of the Nikki Galena series and I wasn't disappointed. Hope that there will be more because I thoroughly enjoy the whole lot!
5 people found this helpful
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 May 2018
I love this series with the close-knit police team and the collection of colourful and often very evil ne're do wells. This one ratcheted along nicely with plots and sub-plots carefully linking all the threads together. My only complaint is that I read these ones too quickly because I can't put them down.
on 4 May 2017
Love the Nikki Galena books. Keep you guessing right to the end. Excellent for murder/mystery lovers, especially if you prefer them without gratuitous sex and overly graphic violence. I recommend you read the whole series starting at book 1 but each one can stand alone
3 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 October 2017
I have a weakness for police procedurals and found this to be a solid addition to my collection. I enjoy Ellis' easy style and great pace and find her involvement of the whole team (as opposed to the lone wolf detective type) a refreshing and engaging approach. I have read all of the previous books in this series and will definitely read the next.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 July 2017
So joy... How soon before the next one! I have just fi signed the last Nikki galena book ..for now I hope... Brilliant as ever. Nikki, Joseph, Yvonne and Niall solve two crimes and get their bad guy. There is a celebration and a homecoming. Jam packed with adventure and thrills. Can't wait for the next instalment.
on 12 June 2017
A good read, except for a few unconvincing bits/contradictions near the end. I won't go in to them in as it'll give away a main plot line. I like the main characters, but a bit more tension between them would have made them more believable. Still enjoyed the book and will read more by this author.
on 22 February 2018
A real great book really gets you in ,loved all the characters felt like you knew them all ,lovely book !!