Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

on 23 November 2015
I really enjoyed this effort from Elizabeth Edmonton. As usual, she has picked an "exotic" closed-community location for most of the action, and has a blend of upper-class English people, artists, military/intelligence types and everyday/working class people. I love how she draws characters - the "good" characters are never perfect, with pettiness or annoying characteristics, much as in real life. I particularly enjoyed the character of Max.

I haven't given this 5 stars as I don't feel the story and characters weren't as fully fleshed out as usual, and there were a couple of coincidences that were a bit of a stretch. I think she fell into the trap (as she has done before) of making the bad guy "evil" - she tried to neatly tie up one loose end at the very end, in a way that I did not think was believable (I could see no motive for the bad guy, and it was too pat).

That said, it was a really enjoyable read
on 4 May 2016
Good read! Held my interest to the end. I can't wait for more Elizabeth Edmondson books.
on 6 August 2015
Loved it!! Elizabeth is an eloquent writer. I was engaged with her characters right up to the end. As soon as I finished I jumped on to Amazon and down loaded her next novel!
on 24 July 2016
Predicable ending but the journey there was a good read. Characters and settings good fun and the ending as OK.
on 18 November 2015
Predictable rambling story. Good light read
on 17 November 2015