Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

on 23 November 2015
I really enjoyed this effort from Elizabeth Edmonton. As usual, she has picked an "exotic" closed-community location for most of the action, and has a blend of upper-class English people, artists, military/intelligence types and everyday/working class people. I love how she draws characters - the "good" characters are never perfect, with pettiness or annoying characteristics, much as in real life. I particularly enjoyed the character of Max.

I haven't given this 5 stars as I don't feel the story and characters weren't as fully fleshed out as usual, and there were a couple of coincidences that were a bit of a stretch. I think she fell into the trap (as she has done before) of making the bad guy "evil" - she tried to neatly tie up one loose end at the very end, in a way that I did not think was believable (I could see no motive for the bad guy, and it was too pat).

That said, it was a really enjoyable read
3 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2018
THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE-ALONG THE LINES OF THOSE DONE BY THE COHEN BROTHERS AND ALFRED HITCHCOCK.
USING THE WARDROBES FROM GENEVIEVE COUPLED WITH THE SETTINGS OF DREARY LONDON AND THE CONTRASTING PARIS AND NICE IT WOULD MAKE THIS WORK TRULY MEMORABLE FOR THE INTRICATE WORK THAT IT IS- A GREAT READ.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 23 March 2018
An easy reading book from Elizabeth Edmondson. The story unfolds with many coincidences and finishes with a fairy tale ending. It'a a good book to pass the time.
on 7 April 2018
Loved this book lots twists n turns but well written, sad when I finished the book. This is my second book by Elizabeth n its just as enjoyable, certainly cant wait to read the next one😊
on 9 July 2018
Drifts around but worth reading if only to pass a wee while bring on the next one to read now
on 4 May 2016
Good read! Held my interest to the end. I can't wait for more Elizabeth Edmondson books.
One person found this helpful
on 6 August 2015
Loved it!! Elizabeth is an eloquent writer. I was engaged with her characters right up to the end. As soon as I finished I jumped on to Amazon and down loaded her next novel!
on 24 July 2016
Predicable ending but the journey there was a good read. Characters and settings good fun and the ending as OK.
on 18 November 2015
Predictable rambling story. Good light read
on 10 September 2015