I love this book. I love the way Gin writes and I love the results following this way of life and eating. Easy to read and Gin provides backup with Facebook support groups and podcasts. Ten ways that IF and this book have changed my life:
1. Weight loss of course. I now love my body. I’m right in the middle of the preferred BMI range and the bloat is gone. I’m not at ‘my goal’ but think I may be close to ‘my body’s goal’.
2. Higher self esteem and confidence. I walk into a room and don’t feel I need to shrink into corners. I’m also finding I’m more assertive in giving my opinion.
3. A stream lined wardrobe. No more fat clothes, no more shoes that hurt my feet, no more clothes I buy just because they fit. Now I buy good pieces and I buy them because I love them.
4. Exercise. I don’t go to the gym but I do walk 10 kilometres five mornings a week. I don’t do it for weight loss, I do it for healthy bones and lungs and heart.
5. I love, love, love preprepared meals. I would never have tried them without Gin and DDD and now I can’t imagine living or cooking without them
6. Pantry with just enough. Thanks to my new relationship with food and other stuff I’ve streamlined and then streamlined again. I buy enough without the just in case.
7. Less waste due to numbers 5 & 6. My rubbish bins go out once a fortnight and they’re never more than half full.
8. Black coffee and black tea. I actually gave up sugar in hot drinks 45 years ago after my eldest son was born to lose my baby fat. I gave up milk in tea not long after but loved lattes and cappuccinos. Now I drink it black and can’t imagine having it any other way except sometimes cold over ice.
9. Saves money. For all the above reasons.
10. A calmer, happier me. Because life is fun and IF gives me time to enjoy it. Also it’s Delay don’t Deny so I get to do the yummy stuff as well.
Do yourself a favour. Buy the book. Read it and act on it. You won’t regret it
This is a wonderful book...Such a well researched, humorously written and personal account of a healthy way of eating. Combine with the regular podcasts and extremely supportive FaceBook group for fantastic immediate feedback for questions and problems- moderated by the Author who joins in to the discussion frequently and makes sure no negative shaming posts occur A must read for anyone serious about health and sensible weight control.
This is one of the clearest and easiest and books I have read on IF. It makes IF easy to follow and to understand the process your body is going through. my husband has even read it and he has never once read a “diet “ book of mine.... bought a copy for my Auntie the other day 😊😊
Finally a book that opens a way of life that not only leads to weight loss and good health, but (more importantly) means saying goodbye forever to a diet mentality. What a relief! Gin writes in a style that is so easy to understand and brings together all of the other amazing research and literature on intermittent fasting. I can't recommend this book highly enough.
Gin certainly knows "her stuff" and is a living example of ultimate success. She has helped thousands (in my opinion) of people all over the globe who are struggling to lose kilos, with no hidden agenda or costs involved. I smell success for this lovely lady who is a great inspiration to all!