Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

Mindset - Updated Edition
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$16.83+ Free Delivery with Amazon Prime

TOP 10 REVIEWERon 11 June 2018
This is potentially life changing for those of us who believe we are limited by a preset level of intelligence. It challenges a common assumption that some kids are innately dumb or smart. It shows how to empower yourself by correcting a mistaken mindset. Refreshingly it’s not about unlocking your inner superstar. Instead it’s about thinking in a way that enables you to grow, and to allow others around you to grow too. And it’s liberating for those raised to believe they have high intelligence, but who may be afraid to fail because of it.

Really mind bending in a good way, helps that ‘Mindset’ is as readable as a novel. This is the one book I am recommending to everyone this year, because it’s made me a less anxious person and a better parent, colleague and friend.
on 20 June 2018
Carol Dweck has a way with words, and you can really feel the work she has done to tame them over her life. (There you go Carol, praise the process right?)

Mindset is a very palatable, very approachable book on high level psychology and the effects it has on our lives; both the detrimental and the uplifting.

The language isn’t esoteric, and Carol definitely isn’t trying to flex years of academic knowledge and language - she is, instead, ultimately concerned with making her point as clearly as possible and to as many people as possible for, without a doubt, no other reason than to improve the lives of her readers.

Inside you’ll find anecdotes about people’s lives; both heartbreaking and liberating in equal serve. These stories stand to demonstrate the power between two very different approaches to processing the world, and our place within it, when faced with challenges, grief, disappointment, failure or loss. The stories act as paintings of two completely different portraits, and yet underlying this is the message that we, ultimately, are the artist of our own lives and while we may not be able to pick the canvas, we are free to choose the paint, the angle, the style and the time required to paint our own portrait; and that it will take time and effort to execute this at varying levels of success.

We all carry a mix of what’s labelled the Fixed-Mindset, and the Growth-Mindset, and as you’ll see it’s not a competition based on where you start relative to others in that ratio, nor a competition with yourself to be perfect.

If you ever hold yourself back, despite your successes, or if you feel hopeless and powerless to take control of yourself and become who you are capable of being, then start reading now.

You’ll not find strict answers to follow as a recipe for success, nor deep academic information, but you’ll find an encouraging way of looking at yourself, and the world; you’ll be kinder to yourself, kinder to others.

If not already, you’ll realise that you, like me, are an unfinished painting and that with time and effort, you can stand tall as a work of art, although never finished, in your own right.
on 19 August 2018
The product shipped quickly so I am thankful for that.
The book itself is smaller than your typical book, and pages feel quite thin. At first I thought it felt quite cheap but it hasn't been damaged from casual reading.
The story in the book drags on. You get told within ten pages what the mindsets are which is great that it gets straight to the point, but then it continues to reiterate the two mindsets over and over in different scenarios. Gets repetitive and boring.
on 13 February 2018
What I really liked about this book is that it is so readable. Often books about psychology are so theoretical that the average reader has no idea what it is about. Ms Dweck has developed the skill to make psychology readable and understandable. As I read this book I found myself becoming more and more growth mindset oriented and I'm glad I did. I found that I could see the damage that fixed mindset does to, not only to "ordinary" people but people who excel in their given fields. And have done my best to integrate growth mindset into everything I do.
on 1 November 2017
This book has verified what I always believe in. That our potential is not capped, that we are capable of growth. Our brain is definitely powerful, and we must not stop it from releasing its potential. I would highly recommend this book to everyone just because, there was a few people in my life who believes in fixed mindset and continuously feed this to others. This book proves that a fixed mindset is just a belief and are not factual.
on 16 April 2018
I really enjoyed the book because of the practical insights offered throughout. It's very clear how to implement a growth mindset & there's much to learn. Where it falls down is the amount of repetition cloaked in real life, real world examples.
on 22 June 2017
This is a game changing book. A must read. Applying this will change your life, the way you connect with others, family and loved ones. If you only read one book, make it this one.
on 13 August 2018
There’s some good points, better observed and explained by others, such as Josh Waitzkin’s The Art of Learning, which is more original and by someone who walks the walk. Sadly Mindset wastes a lot of time making few points.
on 20 March 2016
If you are curious about this book just go to a bookstore or download the sample version. Read 20-25 pages. It is all about the book. It keeps repeating the same.

I respect so much the study behind this book, but the book is too difficult to read until the last page.
on 24 April 2017
Great overall read, such a basic concept but it hit me like a ton of bricks for not only myself but as a father of two young kids. Highly recommend it.