Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

12 Rules for Life
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$21.50+ Free Delivery with Amazon Prime

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 January 2018
Here Prof. J.P. has compiled a rigorously researched piece of writing, condensing the salient points of much empiric research on a broad range of topics and coming to insightful conclusions for his reader.

His genuine concern for human beings comes across in the authenticity of his assertions (he provides no 'quick fixes') and in the obvious efforts he has made to make his concepts understandable for the layperson.

In a world of ghost-written self-help books with Oprah's smug self-promoting face on the cover, this is like finding water in the desert.
48 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2018
Enjoyed reading this book. Great advice throughout. Interesting meld of knowledge and wisdom from various disciplines and traditions as well as commentary on the current cultural state of affairs in the West. Sort yourself out and take responsibility people.
4 people found this helpful
on 21 May 2018
Full of insights where I frequently paused myself to repeat them and commit them to memory. I really enjoyed (and learnt from) the chapters where Peterson uses personal experience or scientific findings.
However, I did not enjoy (nor was convinced by) the chapters/sections that were metaphysical or religiously based.
Perhaps this is a personal thing, but I dont 'get' all of this (re)interpreting the 'meaning' of religious texts.
You'd have to read the book to see what i mean (or see where I've misunderstood) but I would seriously say persevere with the whole thing because there are some absolute gems of wisdom here.
on 4 May 2018
As I was reading 12 Rules for Life I was stunned as to how many times it seemed to speak to my soul. I have had many truly horrible experiences in my life and Dr Peterson has been able to, in this book, help me understand how my life turned out the way it did.
However I have been on the road to recovery in the last few years and was pleased to read that I was already following his antidote to chaos in my own way.
To any one whose life is not turning out the way it should, read this book. It will help you take stock and give you hope that you too can navigate through life's joys and tragedies with confidence.
on 24 April 2018
I wish I had this knowledge growing up, it would have saved me much angst, confusion, anger & sadness. There are so many aha moments for the reader, too many to mention. It's a mixture of religious doctrine (throughly thought out, analysed & explained) philosophy & modern psychology, with brutal honesty.
on 3 May 2018
The author bases his conclusions on human nature. Even if that means drawing on concepts that are controversial nowadays, e.g. gender equality, bullying, religion.

Rejecting our most basic characteristics, as it is common in this present moment, means rejecting our very nature.

To be happy, we must understand our humanity.
on 29 April 2018
Jordan B Peterson is a 21st Century wonder. His work although simple and accessible allows the reader to search the depths of great works of literature, spiritual guidance and human wisdom. His work is a clarion call to those who are seeking to take responsibility for the direction of their lives.
on 18 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this insightful exploration of the human condition. Thank you Dr Peterson- you wrote the words I’ve spent my life trying to formulate!
on 4 April 2018
A wonderfully enlightening book, challenges so many of Your preconceived philosophies. A book that most should read. Very well written.
on 27 February 2018
Jordan Peterson has written a challenging book that inspires with its wisdom. I found it inspirational and in addition it helped me to understand the current assult on western culture.