Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
REDUCE CLOUD COMPUTING COST – 101 IDEAS TO SAVE MILLIONS IN PUBLIC CLOUD SPENDING is a book for Information Technology & Finance professionals who are looking for desperate ways to reduce their spending on Amazon, Microsoft or Google public cloud services, without adding risks to their business operations.
Leading technology researchers point to the fact that companies waste anywhere between 25-35 % of their cloud budget due to poor planning and bad governance. Researchers also emphasize that 2 out of 3 companies today are looking for ways to optimize their public cloud cost.
In this book, you will learn
• 40 best practices to buy, provision and control cost of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) landscape
• 25 smart tricks to negotiate discounts before buying Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription licenses
• 20 recommendations to optimize usage of Platform as a Service (PaaS) products
• 16 suggestions for effective planning & governance of public cloud budget
By the end of reading this book, you will gain actionable advice on what needs to be done to manage public cloud expenditure and create an organizational culture of coding while keeping cloud cost in control.
ANYONE CAN CUT IT COSTS AS LONG AS THEY USE THE RIGHT KNIFE
Are you a Business, Finance or IT leader looking for answers to the following questions?
• Why is IT so expensive?
• How do we keep IT costs low?
• Are we overpaying IT vendors?
• Why do IT projects exceed their budget?
• Is IT governance unbiased and objective?
• Do we know if our IT Assets are fully utilized?
• Are we paying for software that we are not using?
• The IT team is always busy—are they doing relevant work?
Explained in simple, non-technical language, 101 IT Cost saving ideas presented in this book, are proven techniques that will help you ask the right questions from your IT team and discover hidden opportunities to reduce IT spending.
Be it spending on IT hardware, software, staffing or outsourced services, even if you get your IT teams to answer a few of the 101 questions, the savings opportunities will exceed your investment in this book.
Pick up one more copy. When more managers in your company read this book, the higher will be your savings.