Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Joseph Alexander
Joseph Alexander has been a guitarist and expert music tutor for over 20 years. His tuition books are published in four languages and have sold over 600,000 copies to widespread critical acclaim.
Currently Joseph is co-writing groundbreaking music methods with Martin Taylor, John Patitucci, Jens Larsen, Levi Clay, Ulf Wakenius, Mark Lettieri Les Wise and many more...
He is a publisher of 120 music books and his label, Fundamental Changes is currently accepting manuscripts from a new talented generation of musicians and offers 3x the standard royalty rates to educators.
www.fundamental-changes.com for over 350 free HD video lessons or to get signed as an author.
Customers Also Bought Items By
There are plenty of advertising options for savvy authors who want to build their publishing careers. Amazon Marketing Services ads might have the most potential. They enable authors to reach readers looking to buy books on the world's biggest online retailer. And, unlike other platforms, those readers are already looking to buy and can do so with just one click.
This book, written by two leaders in the field of book marketing, sets out precisely how Amazon ads can work for you.
Also includes a free instructional video masterclass from the founder of the Self Publishing Formula.
Master the Circle of Fifths and Crack the Secret Code of Music Theory
Discover how to form any scale - in any key
Understand key signatures
Change key musically and effectively
Understand how to apply and hear music theory on the guitar
Instantly know the notes of any major of minor scale
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists
- Are you aware of key signatures, keys and scales but don’t quite know how they fit together?
- Would you like to have complete freedom to build and use the right scales on guitar?
- Do you want to know exactly which notes to play in any major or minor scale?
- Do you know how to change key smoothly and easily?
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists will teach you to build, understand and use the essential building-blocks of music theory to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s what you get:
- A complete course, building from the first principles of music that allows you to create, understand and master the Circle of Fifths.
- Discover how to build every major and relative minor scales.
- Understand how key signatures work and instantly know the notes of any scale
- An instant trick to tell you the notes in any key, just using by looking at your guitar fretboard!
Bonus: Learn to instantly see the relationships six ‘secret’ closely related key changes that you can use in your own writing and playing instantly.
Are you Missing part of the puzzle?
Most guitarists know a lot of scales, but few actually understand the essential principles of how they are built and how they relate to each other.
The Circle of Fifths is like an ancient ‘Rosetta Stone’ of music theory that not only tells you which notes are in any key, but also contains the secret of how every scale is built and how every scale relates to each other.
In The Circle of Fifths, you will not only learn how The Circle works, but you will also learn to build it yourself and gain instant access to the deep inner core of theory that governs everything in music.
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists shows how every key, scale, chord and modulation works in music. It’s essential knowledge of any aspiring musician.
Theory is just knowledge, but once you hear it, it becomes music. The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the theory and quickly apply the concepts to your own playing.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Learn guitar theory - The simple way, musical way
- Are you sick and tired of guitar theory being taught in overly complicated language?
- Are you looking to become a better musician and guitar player?
- Do you want to discover creative guitar soloing and songwriting approaches?
- Do you want to understand & use guitar scales, guitar modes and arpeggios?
- Do you want a complete guitar theory method that takes you from zero to hero in simple steps?
Master, hear and play music theory for guitar
The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitar is different. Instead of boring and meaningless guitar theory essays, it makes music come alive. In fact, you’ll quickly learn to play the theory you’re being taught.
Go from meaningless information to stunning guitar solos and songwriting.
Guitarists are often guilty of 'collecting' musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information on their instrument. Modern Music Theory for Guitarists combines cutting edge, up to date musical information with over 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing. There are also bespoke, professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine's Quist
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to construct major and minor guitar scales
- How to harmonise a scale and use chords to write songs
- The complete guide to naming chords on guitar (know your C9 from your Cadd9!)
- A breakdown of every important type of chord, and where they come from
- How to write chord progressions to create great songs
- How to change key smoothly (modulation) and how to use guitar chord qualities to make your music creative and unique
- Discover how to form guitar modes… and how to use them in your solos.
- Discover the secret of triads, arpeggios and pentatonic scales you can use to create rich-sounding solos that’ll amaze your friends
- A complete deconstruction of all the 3-note, 4-note and 5-note soloing approaches hidden in every scale
Bonus hundreds of guitar licks demonstrate every single concept
Bonus Professional backing tracks to help you practise every guitar scale
Bonus The complete guide to Roman numeral notation for short hand song writing on guitar
Bonus A ‘cheat sheet' of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
Bonus 200 audio tracks to download so you can hear every single guitar theory concept in action
Learn the guitar theory… then use it!
There are so many sources of information out there these days it's hard to know where to begin and what's important when it comes to applying music theory to the guitar. This book has been designed to take you on a journey from essential first principles through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept.
Essential guitar knowledge and musical guitar skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
Easily Master the Guitar Neck in Minutes
Quickly and easily learn to locate any note on the neck like it is second nature.
- How to Memorize the Fretboard Teaches you:
- Simple methods and strategies to memorize the guitar neck easily
- Clear diagrams and techniques to make learning fun and simple
- Essential Music Theory
Break Down the Guitar Neck into Easy Shapes
Unlike the piano, the same note can be played on the guitar in more than one location making their locations seem daunting to learn. This book teaches you to instantly recognize and know the location of every note on the guitar neck.
How to Memorize the Guitar Fretboard teaches you essential basic theory and musical patterns so you actually understand how the guitar as a whole functions.
Free on Kindle Unlimited! - Master the Guitar Neck Today!
Why wait? With free delivery right to your device, you don't even need a kindle to read this book! You can have it sent to your PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
No more excuses, master the guitar neck today and play like a pro!
The Most Popular Guitar Books on Amazon
With nearly 1,000,000 copies sold, Fundamental Changes bring you the highest rated guitar books available on Amazon.
Scroll up to Buy Now and make a huge difference to your playing.
Go Beyond Rhythm Guitar to Seamlessly Blend Guitar Chords with Licks, Riffs and Fills
Become an Accomplished Accompanist!
- Learn to Effortlessly Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar Simultaneously
- Develop a Language of Musical Fills around Every Common Chord Shape
- Weave Lead Guitar Licks into Chords for Blues, Pop, Rock, and Acoustic Guitar
- Discover how to use Drone Notes to make Beautiful Music
- Instantly Create Beautiful Solo Guitar Lines while playing Capo Chords
- Master Complete Musical Studies and Impressive Pieces that Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar
- Learn with Tablature, Notation and Hundreds of Audio Examples of Exciting Solo Chord Arrangements
Beyond Rhythm Guitar
- Is your guitar chord playing boring?
- Do you want to add melodic fills to your rhythm guitar playing and stay in time?
- Do you need to find melodies that fit around every chord?
- Want to confidently combine great chords with interesting licks in most modern styles?
- Do you want to learn rhythm and lead in the style of the world's greatest guitarists?
- Do you want hundreds of chords, licks and tricks to enrich your rhythm guitar playing?
Have you ever wondered how great rhythm guitarists combine chord playing with seamless, interesting and creative fills… and barely seem to move their fingers?
Beyond Rhythm Guitar takes you on a journey of discovery that teaches you the best ways to build fills and solo guitar lines around the most important chords on the guitar. You’ll learn the scale shapes, approaches and secret techniques that the best guitar players use to add melody lines to guitar chords.
With over 200 notated audio examples, every essential chord is dissected while you are taught how to use their unique shapes to form lead lines that fit seamlessly into your playing.
From open chords, to using capos and decorating barre chords in rock and blues guitar, Beyond Rhythm Guitar is a pop, rock and blues-focused study method that will help you create beautiful and interesting guitar melodies around chords.
You will quickly become the ‘go-to guitarist’ when it’s time to accompany singers and instrumentalists
Here’s What You Get:
- 106 Pages of rhythm guitar essentials stuffed with over 200 individually recorded examples – Learn to add exciting lead fills based around essential chord shapes.
- A complete course in rhythm guitar mastery – From simple scales to advanced lead guitar licks that teach you to play professional-sounding rhythm guitar: effortlessly.
- Detailed discussion of scale choice, fitting licks around chords, stylistics and genre.
- Complete solo rhythm studies that let you create real music from the concepts covered.
- Every essential chord, technique, scale, lick, fill, and trick to get you playing the right way as quickly as possible.
- Learn to combine sequences of chords and fills to effortlessly create your own musical rhythm guitar parts
- Discussion and breakdown of accompanying vocalists and playing in a strip
Master Alternate Picking For Guitar
Are you struggling to play fast alternate picked passages on guitar?
Do you need a methodical guide to alternate picking that’s packed with hundreds of exercises and powerful strategies?
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique is a complete roadmap of methodical steps that will make you the perfect picker, from zero to hero, and includes the exact steps that virtuoso rock guitarist Chris Brooks used to build his own incredible techniques.
This complete methodteaches you everything from building firm foundations to performing blazing, musical etudes via more than 90 exercises and musical examples. Everything is broken down, step-by-step, and you’ll quickly master each aspect of this essential guitar technique before moving on to the next.
The Perfect Method to Improve Alternate Picking on Guitar
Each jam-packed chapter focuses on an essential aspect of alternate picking technique and application... with plenty of licks and drills to reinforce every concept.
- Fundamental pick grips and motions – the powerhouses behind the greatest players
- Single-string picking builders and sequences to build firm technical foundations
- How to change strings correctly and avoid your pick getting “trapped”
- Pentatonic and diatonic picking licks across all strings to build speed and fluency
- Vital independence and synchronisation drills for ultimate control
- Essential scale sequences to build your musical technique
- Musical etudes that make key concepts fun and musical
- Over 90 powerful examples that advance as you do
Put Chops to Use in Real Music
Guitarists can be guilty of just playing exercises and not truly applying their technique to real music. The whole point of improving your technique is to be able to play music more easily, so in Alternate Picking Guitar Technique you’ll learn musical etudes that have been written exclusively for this book – from rocking Pentatonic tracks to classical-inspired etudes, these pieces will challenge and inspire you on your journey to intelligent, musical guitar technique.
Alternate Picking Study Bonuses
Bonus 1: Learn how to build, analyze, and update your practice routine with Chris Brooks’ complete guide to efficient practice skills
Bonus 2: Hear every single example with Chris’ exclusive audio performances that you can download for free.
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique smashes your bad habits and is the quickest pathway to perfect, expressive performances on guitar – from “open B” to “Bumblebee”! Plus, it’s also the perfect curriculum for private teachers.
Perfect your picking today and quickly become a more accurate guitarist with unlimited musical potential.
Buy it now!
Master Essential Guitar Chords and Establish Good Habits for a Lifetime
- Discover how to play every essential chord on guitar
- Understand how chords work together
- Build chord progressions and master strumming
- Understand chord theory and construction
- Instantly apply and use chords to make songs
The First 100 Chords for Guitarists
- Are you struggling to learn guitar chords?
- Would you like an effective way to memorize, play and combine chords to make music on the guitar?
- Do you want to confidently strum rhythms the right way?
- Do you want to build perfect practice habits that will stay with you for a lifetime?
The First 100 Chords for Guitar will teach you to correctly fret, strum and combine the essential chords in music to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from the first essential guitar chords to help you memorize, understand and apply chords musically.
- A proven practice routine that helps you build muscle memory, great technique and musical knowledge.
- Understanding of how to play chords the right way, and the theory of how they are constructed
- One instant trick to teach your fingers how to move - subconsciously
Bonus One: Learn to link chords together in a truly unique, musical way. Linking chords means practice is always fun as you explore creative ideas.
Bonus Two: A complete guide to essential strumming patterns on guitar.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
Most guitar beginners know a few chords but few actually understand that it is quick and easy to expand that vocabulary into hundreds of chords and colors.
The First 100 Chords for Guitar is not simply a cold list of chords, it’s a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to practice for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic chords, right through to some rich and exciting advanced voicings, you will be guided in small friendly steps. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Test Yourself! At the end of each chapter, the newly introduced chords are combined into real-life chord progressions.
How to Practice! – Also included is a detailed ‘How to Practice’ section along with dedicated chapters on Essential Strumming Patterns and some Chord Theory.
Learning chords from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
The Perfect Resource for Any Country Guitar Player
Three Best-Selling Country Guitar Books in One Complete Volume
- Discover every essential country guitar chord
- Master country guitar techniques like banjo Rolls and hybrid Picking
- Learn and apply over 100 country guitar licks
- Play exciting country guitar solos with authentic backing tracks
- Discover every important country guitar scale and The CAGED System,
- Master bends, slides, picking, legato, and much more…
The Complete Country Guitar Method Compilation is a collection of three best-selling books that teach the essential skills required to move from absolute basics to astonishing country guitar solos.
Here’s What You Get:
- Three best-selling books in one!
- 278 pages of traditional and cutting-edge country guitar essentials
- Over 400 Notated Audio Examples so you can hear how to play guitar
- A complete breakdown and masterclass of every country guitar technique
- Over 100 authentic “in the style of” country guitar licks
You’ll be a country guitar picking pro in no time.
Book 1: Country Guitar for Beginners
Are you struggling to learn country guitar?
This book covers the essential country chord voicings found in everything from cowboy ballads to western swing. There are plenty of country guitar secrets thrown in too so you’ll need to pay attention! Once you’ve learnt these voicings, you will apply them by playing real country rhythm guitar.
Next, you’ll move on to develop a full range of scales, arpeggios and soloing approaches that can be applied to country music, preparing your fingers for the more technically demanding aspects of country guitar.
Book 2: Country Guitar Soloing Techniques:
Have you ever wondered how great country guitarists effortlessly outline the chord sequences in their solos and never break a sweat?
Country Guitar Soloing Techniques teaches you authentic country guitar soloing using the actual techniques of the masters.
With over 180 notated audio examples, every essential technique, scale and approach is dissected and developed into musical licks and exciting, flamboyant solos.
From simple scales, to triads and chromatic approach notes, the harmonic and theoretical aspects of soloing are broken down and rebuilt effortlessly into articulate solo lines that sound incredible. You’ll discover triads, Pentatonic scales, open string licks, hybrid-picking, banjo rolls, slurs and chromatic ideas that will quickly propel you to country guitar soloing greatness.
Book 3: Country Guitar Heroes: 100 Licks for Country Guitar:
100 Country Licks for Guitar goes way beyond every other lick book available. It’s a complete guitar method for country guitar that teaches you how to learn and internalize the language of the country guitar masters into your everyday playing.
The style and language of the 20 most genre-defining country guitar players are discussed and analyzed, and 5 defining, “in the style of” guitar licks are given for each player.
Albert Lee | Brad Paisley | Brent Mason | Buck Owens/Don Rich | Chet Atkins | Danny Gatton | Eldon Shamblin | Glen Campbell | Hank Garland | James Burton | Jerry Donahue | Jerry Reed | Jimmy Bryant | Johnny Hiland
“Even if you’re playing a scale run, it’s possible to make it sound like the most beautiful piece of music you ever heard!” – John Patitucci
John Patitucci is one of the few world-class bass players who is equally respected for both electric and upright bass. In John Patitucci Walking Bass, he shares his strategy for building powerful, melodic walking basslines that both upright and electric jazz bass players can use to perfect their skills.
Play jazz basslines by thinking like a composer
At the heart of his walking bass method, John Patitucci teaches you to think compositionally, and you’ll discover that walking bass is not just a way to connect the chords by any means. He demonstrates how everyline can be a strong melodic statement in its own right.
The musical way to master walking bass, with John Patitucci
You’ll hone these essential skills on electric and upright bass:
- How to compose and use well-conceived basslines with strong, driving melodies
- Hundreds of walking bass movements so you can discover John’s jazz vocabulary
- How to tastefully spice up the harmony and walk on the most common progressions in jazz
- A simple strategy to adapt your basslines when the chord changes are altered or substituted
Melodic walking bass from simple to complex
John Patitucci Walking Bass begins with a look at the essential ii V I VI7 sequence that forms the backbone of hundreds of jazz standards. However, each chapter develops this sequence further with essential harmonic concepts to alter the harmony... each of which becomes more radical as you progress.
This incremental bass method teaches you to walk on any chord changes, no matter how radical.
- Discover the Four Guiding Principles John uses to compose strong, memorable basslines that have interest and momentum
- Learn to focus your basslines to start simple, then add layers of complexity
- Master 15 specially composed bass etudes that give unparalleled insight into John’s walking bass approach and vocabulary
Each one of John Patitucci’s 15 beautiful bass etudes is broken down into easy-to-digest cells, so you can learn quickly and efficiently.
Master Two-Beat and Four-Beat walking bass feel
Playing half time or “two-beat” is a technique all the bass masters have used, from Ray Brown to Paul Chambers. Each of John’s 15 walking bass etudes begins with a two-beat passage to help you develop a deeper sense of feel and swing, before moving into a regular walking pattern.
Level-up your jazz bass skills today
It’s rare you get the opportunity to sit down with a true bass legend and learn exactly how they work their magic. In Walking Bass, John Patitucci unravels the mystery of bass virtuosity.
- He demystifies the complexity of walking bass, giving you clear, easy principles that work every time to create great music
- He shows you where to focus your efforts to get immediate results from your practice time
- He teaches his rock-solid solid strategy for playing over even the most complex jazz changes, so you never miss a beat
... and much more!
Don’t just play walking bass, hear it!
To help you capture his time and feel John recorded each of the 15 musical etudes in his NYC studio.
Build and Master Essential Bass Technique
The Bass Technique Finger Gym is an instant 'shot-in-the-arm' for bass players of any level. It focuses on building a solid foundation of clean, usable, musical skills.
Important, Effective Exercises
Each exercise is individually targeted to a common bass technique problem. You will work on timing, strength, fluency and speed, as well as getting an overview of slapping and popping.
Solve Every Common Bass Problem
Whether you play rock, jazz, blues or funk, all bassists come up against the same pain points.
The Bass Technique Finger Gym will build your skills and develop your finesse in an organic and musical way.
Over 130 essential bass technique exercises are included to help you build speed and fluency along with exciting musical studies to consolidate your skills.
These exercises focus on:
- Speed & Dexterity
- Coordination & Control
- Strength & Stamina
- Scale Sequences & Fretboard Fluency
Bonus: Exclusive video content that guides you through the perfect slap technique.
The Bass Technique Finger Gym Also Includes:
- Audio examples of each exercise to download for free
- Standard Notation and Tab
- Bespoke, Timed Workouts and Practice Schedules
- Musical Pieces to Consolidate your Skills
Learning from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
Buy it now to Give your Playing the Workout It Deserves
Bass Technique Finger Gym is available for free on Kindle Unlimited, or just $14.99 in Paperback with Amazon's quality Guarantee.
Scroll up to buy it now.
- Play intros in the style of the greatest classic blues guitarists
- Master 5 genre-defining guitar intro licks for each player
- Combine and personalize guitar intros into your own unique style
- Get creative jamming over original backing tracks
- Discover extensive biographies and essential discographies for every player
- Audio, Standard Notation and Tab
Are you struggling to begin and end blues guitar tracks in the right way?
Do you need a complete theoretical and technical breakdown of powerful blues guitar phrases?
Do you want to develop a never-ending arsenal of authentic blues guitar intros?
100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros goes way beyond every other boring lick book and teaches you 100 essential intro guitar licks in the style of the world’s greatest blues guitarists…Here’s What You Get:
- 100 classic blues guitar intros that teach the language of iconic guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes
- 40 Backing tracks to make the music come alive while you develop your chops
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for free
Bonus One: Essential discography for every player.
Bonus Two: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own.Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros is different to every other blues guitar book available. It’s not simply a cold list of licks, it’s a breakdown of the playing styles of the world’s most important blues guitarists. You won’t just copy lines verbatim, you’ll internalize the language of the blues guitar masters and incorporate it into your everyday playing.
Along with extensive biographies and equipment advice, the musical style and language of the greatest blues guitar players is discussed and analyzed with 5 defining, “in the style of” intros for each legend broken down note by note.
Learn Blues Guitar Intros in the Style of:
Elmore James Albert King B.B. King Freddie King Kenny Wayne Shepherd Buddy Guy Jimi Hendrix John Mayer Jeff Beck Eric Clapton Gary Moore Robben Ford Stevie Ray Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Robert Cray Larry CarltonHear it!
Learning classic blues guitar licks from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. 100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros contains 100 supporting audio examples and 40 backing tracks to help you get inside the music and quickly apply each intro in any real musical situation.
Buy it now to bring the authentic language of the classic blues guitar legends into your playing.
No More Boring Bass Exercises!
Session ace Dan Hawkins has recorded hundreds of sessions and knows what it takes to achieve flawless technique that stands up to the scrutiny of the studio. In Creative Bass Technique Exercises he offers a set of technique-building workouts that will solve all common technical problems.
Keep Your Bass Playing Fresh
- Do you find most technical drills mindless and boring?
- Would you like to perfect your technique with musical ideas you’ll actually want to use?
- Do you want a sure-fire method for playing in the pocket, every time?
- Would you like a musical way to nail time and feel across a range of genres?
If you’re struggling with any of the above, then Creative Bass Technique Exercises is for you.
- Master fundamental electric bass technique skills
- Build left- and right-hand independence
- Instantly improve your feel
- Count and master complex rhythms
- Groove in a range of styles with chapters on Pop, Blues/RnB, Funk, Rock, Jazz.
Bonus: Learn to play over drone exercises to improve your ears and build musical independence.
Discover fully-formed musical grooves, riffs and licks you can incorporate into your playing right now – each one carefully crafted to develop dexterity, timing and feel.
Build a Life Long Technical Foundation in Bass Playing
Technique is only a means to an end, but sloppy technique leads to frustration and limits what you’re able to play. Creative Bass Technique Exercises offers a dedicated approach to improving all aspects of your playing to achieve superior musicianship.
Build perfect bass technique with:
- Fingerstyle playing
- Coordination, speed, strength and accuracy
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs
- Slides and rakes
- Effortless position shifts
- Ghost notes
- Muting and Damping
- Slap, tap and pick technique
Through many years of teaching experience, Dan Hawkins knows that you are more likely to work on exercises that push your technical limits if they sound like music. For this reason, every carefully conceived exercise fit right into your existing vocabulary of licks, riffs, groove and fills.
Master Bass Guitar Fundamentals
Creative Bass Technique Exercises is much more than a cold set of drills. It gets into the detail of great technique without losing sight of the music. It will help you play without pain or strain and avoid problems in the future. It also gives great insights into effective practice methods.
Download free studio quality audio of every example to hear how each lick, fill and groove should sound. You’ll also get backing tracks to practise and jam to.
Buy it now…
Perfect your bass technique today, so that you can forget about it and make great music!