I almost always have to wear a traditional sleep mask every night. Even the slightest bit of light, LED, etc, will distract me from getting my precious Zzzs. I bought the Illumy alongside an ordinary $9.99 sleep mask after my last one finally fell completely apart. I figured I would end up returning the Illumy, but why not try it? It usually takes me between 30-60 minutes to fall asleep in any given scenario, so I definitely gave the Illumy a tough task the first night. My experiences are as follows:
1. It is so comfortable, and it even lets my long eyelashes flow without disturbance. That is hard to find in any sleep mask.
2. I set the "Sunset" to 20 minutes. The pulsating red light felt a bit strange at first, but after I woke up, I do not remember it ever going away. (I NEVER fall asleep in 20 minutes) This was a true feat.
3. I intentionally neglected to set my regular alarm and tried the Illumy waking feature (without the chime). I sensed the blue lights a few times in the morning and ended up waking refreshed about 30 minutes later than my set awake time. (I am a snooze king)
4. Today, I tried an hour long nap with the same initial settings and a different wake time, and it did exactly that! I love naps, but waking up from them is almost harder than waking up in the morning! Again, 20-30 minutes after my set awake time, I was UP!
Edit: I just discovered the wireless syncing ability using your phone's speaker, it works on my iPhone 7 without even unzipping the mask! I noticed that Bluetooth is a much coveted feature on the forums, but this functionality completely addresses that desire!
This is my first review I have written on Amazon, but I felt it was so necessary that I wanted to offer everyone my experiences. I hope a product like this gets out there to people like me. I do admit, I wish it was cheaper. I don't think it should be over $100, and if it wasn't, I'd be getting these as gifts for the holidays. As for now however, I am as happy as a sleeping clam if there is such a thing.
Illumy, if you can sell these for under $100, you'll change every sleepless person's life. Thank you.
- Product Dimensions: 29.8 x 5.6 x 10.2 cm ; 313 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
- Item Model Number: GTS-3000
- ASIN: B06XCN9NGN
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 16 January 2018
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
11,073 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- #90 in Sleep Masks