Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

The Rebound
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on 2 February 2018
This review is for the main title only - there was a bonus novel included, so while full length, the main title finished at 50%.

This was a nice second chance romance. The story was delivered in 2 parts - the first being their high school years, the 2nd 10yrs later when Nevada moves back to town. I found the first part was well written and captured the sweet high school romance between Nevada and Yardley. The character development was good, however I did feel it didn't need to be as long - we got the idea and if it had been shorter perhaps the 2nd part would have been longer. The 2nd half I felt was rushed. They went from being at odds to working it all out very quickly - like in the course of a car ride. I felt Nevada needed more time to really absorb what Yardley had revealed, especially seeing as his wife who he had loved dearly had only passed away 6mths prior. I did like that they acknowledged that the things they did and said when in high school could have been done differently and resulted in a completely different life for them, but that it happened because that was all they knew when they were 18/19.

If the 2nd half had been longer and played out on their reconciliation a little more this could gave been a 5 star read. But it was missing the challenge and time for things to settle. Still a nice read though.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2018
As with all of Winter Renshaw's work I really enjoyed reading this book and getting to know these characters. This is a story of young love, misunderstandings and second chances.

Yardley Devereux and Nevada Kane thought they would be together forever until misunderstandings destroy their young love. This starts as these High school sweethearts are forced apart when he goes off to college across the country while she remains in high school for another year.

They are determined to stay together and promise to wait until he graduates and they can be together once again. They kept that promise... for a while, until one of them broke it. That broken promise destroyed both of them. Though all of that heartbreak could have been avoided if they only communicated better. ‘It’s a strange feeling, losing your truth—or what you once believed was your truth.’

When Nevada returns home after ten years things are uncomfortable between the two of them as the pain and anger makes it hard and uncomfortable but always there is something more simmering which makes it unputdownable reading.

Yardley and Nevada's story is definitely a complicated one as misunderstandings and miscommunications dominate this tale of second chances however that’s what makes it compelling reading.

It's well written with alternating POV's. The few sex scenes included are not very graphic and the language is mild. 4.5Stars.
One person found this helpful
on 1 February 2018
There is always a fine line for me with this type of story where the young couple fall apart and one or both get married to other people to then come back into each others lives. It can either annoy me something fierce or I can feel the couples pain and rejoice as they find each other again. (Probably because the subject matter touches a nerve)

I read the first part of this book with my heart in my throat waiting for the other shoe to drop. I found the story emotional, with it's longing for lost love and it's break down in communication. Teenagers can be quick to assume and let their emotions get the best of them.

The story fell a tiny bit short for me and verged into the annoying side enough for me to drop a star and I think I wanted a bit more from the climax and the ending, but its was still an emotionally charged book that drew me in to read it in one sitting.
on 22 March 2018
This is a good story about second chances, young love and of course the inevitable misunderstandings.
I enjoyed reading this book and my emotions were definitely taken on a rollercoaster of a ride.
The characters are well defined and the plot of the story will have you wanting to turn the pages to find out what happens.
I felt the ending was a tad rushed but other than that it was a good read!
on 15 February 2018
I really love this book. It Had 2 really good stories in it. I couldnt put the book down. Love all of Winters books i've read
on 21 February 2018
I found this book to be extremely predictable and quite shallow.
on 25 January 2018
'The Rebound', by Winter Renshaw, was another of her engaging  stories with a strong/well-thought-out plot and good character development. It was a second chance narrative about friendship, love and the importance of talking/listening in any relationship.
The book was written in the first person, with a dual POV and in two parts. First part: sweet and tender high school love in a small town called, Lambs Grove. Yardley Deveraux and Nevada Kane were young, but they were soulmates. Promises were made when Nevada left for college with a full basketball scholarship ... and then, broken. Second part: a decade later, the MCs had seemingly changed and moved on, but the question hung heavily...had they? The hurt and bitterness toward Yardley, was almost tangible for Nevada, as he returned to his hometown, a widower and a father, after a successful NBA career. Bighearted Yardley tried to reach out with an olive branch (and the truth behind her decisions), but all attempts were met with a cold, decisive and unforgiving, no!
'The Rebound' was paced well, kept my interest and contained a few surprises. The conclusion was touching and heartwarming. It was a full-length book, (finishing at around 50% - another book following with my download) but not a long read and while the scenario was a familiar one, Winter put her own stamp on it and made it all seem fresh and real.

on 25 January 2018
Another brilliant book from Winter Renshaw and again it's her characters that make the book.

Yardley and Nevada are high school sweethearts who promise to stay true to one another things don't work out and they go their separate ways. 10 years later they are back in the same town and things are uncomfortable between them but there is still a spark. I wanted to smack these two haven't they ever heard of communication.

As usual Winter's character's are what makes the books she has an innate ability to make you feel the emotions of her characters I would have no hesitation in recommending this book.

I was given an ARC copy of this book but this a true and honest reveiw
on 25 March 2018
There aren't many books I'd stay up until 3.00am to finish. But, I can truthfully say I did with The Rebound! I loved every single word. Winter Renshaw is a new author to me, and I'm so glad I've discovered her books!

Nevada Kane and Yardley Devereaux are the epitome of young love. When they are faced with a 4 year separation (Nevada going away to college), they promise to stay faithful to each other. The time will pass in the blink of an eye, right?! But, realistically, things rarely run smoothly without a hitch, and some decisions in life can have a dramatic effect on the future...

I got fully immersed in this book, and I loved the author's style of writing – absolutely brilliant.

5 shiny gold stars from me!
on 24 January 2018
this is a good second chance romance by this author.
I highly enjoyed these main characters, Yardley and Nevada are childhood sweet hearts who because of miscommunication parted ways, years down the track they come face to face again and must face there past decisions.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book