Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

#1 REVIEWERon 22 March 2018
I am a huge fan of the Lottie Parker series by Patricia Gibney and ‘No Safe Place’ didn’t disappoint. This instalment is a little different from the other books in the series as the case plays a larger role than it has in past. So actually if you haven’t read previous books it Won’t matter!

Yes technically this is Book four in the series and it begins with a young woman’s body found in an open grave. Lottie is back at work after recovering from a knife wound as her boss had just gone out on medical leave she is in charge, but the powers that be don’t trust Lottie to run things in his absence and have brought in someone she can’t stand!

Lottie really is a fantastic character. I love following along with her complicated home life as she attempts to hold down her job and her trio of teenagers. I like that she’s a strong character, she isn’t perfect and she doesn’t miraculously solve every case easily and move on. She lives each of them and you get a true sense of just what solving crime means to her. Her relationship with Boyd has always been intriguing and tottered on the edge of will they won’t they and that is explored further here.

Overall, ‘No Safe Place’ is another great addition to the Lottie Parker series. I especially loved learning more about Boyd. The ending leaves room for some interesting possibilities... I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Lottie... she’s one of a kind!
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 April 2018
The best so far I think, a well thought out story line, twists and turns every page, poor Lottie gets into more trouble than Ned Kelly, while handling an ever demanding family, a new boss, (whom she hates of course) and a smitten partner. I love Lottie's character, a great detective, as she pops her pills and drinks to keep her hanging in there. Maybe it's time for Lottie to get a life of her own...who knows???? She always manages to get the job done.
on 26 April 2018
You can read these books ss stand alones or as i have read all 4 in sequence and enjoyed reading about lottie and her family life. This latest also
Has lottie once again involved in a baffling case. For me another page turner that kept me reading till the wee hours .
on 14 June 2018
The twists and turns are exciting Lottie has so much happening in the short term but she holds together. A strong woman who peaces together the crime and solves the mystery in the end
on 27 May 2018
Lots of questions and surprises. These were answered but left one wondering what was next. Enjoyed the suspense and resolving.
on 31 March 2018
I found that I couldn’t stop reading this book.
So glad she and Boyd are getting rid of the tension
Looking forward to the next instalment
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 24 March 2018
I have to admit to a soft spot for Lottie Parker. She is a mother to three teens/young adults, she has a difficult mother and a demanding job. She is also very real and in each book, the author lets us know that Lottie has hardly had an easy time of it in the past and she battles her demons every day. That makes me like her character even more.

There is so much going on in this book, I don't even know where to start. It can easily be read as a standalone but it is much better when the series is read in order.

Thanks to an eagle-eyed mourner at a funeral, a young woman's body is discovered at the bottom of an open grave. Who is she, how did she get there and what of the woman who heard screams in the middle of the night? This is far from an easy case and there are a lot of family dynamics which come into play as well, with both victims and suspects. Inbetween trying to solve this case, Lottie has to contend with a hostile supervisor, her mother's odd behaviour and some devastating developments for her family.

This was a real page-turner of a book and I swear my heart stopped on several occasions.

5 well deserved stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 March 2018
I am a big a fan of this series and Detective Lottie Parker. Books 4 and still going strong. Just keeps getting better... and the endings - my goodness... give the woman a break!

This time we see Lottie and her team investigating a missing person case... that is until a body is found in a newly dug grave for a funeral the next day. This body has been dead for a while so it can't be their missing person. So who is it? At the same time there are women going missing on the trains, just like a woman went missing almost 10 years ago to the day. It is all happening. Of course while these cases are going on Lottie is dealing with her family and the revelations from the previous book. Life just isn't meant to be easy for poor Lottie.

I really enjoyed this book. I love the relationships of the team as well and the families, it makes it all more real that these police have lives too. Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for the advanced copy of this book to read and enjoy in exchange for my honest opinions
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 March 2018
This case is becoming personal to Boyd, when his sister Grace makes a new friend, Mollie, on the train to Dublin and this new friend disappears. Grace is not giving up and is trying to find out what happened to Molli. Then Grace disappears too and an old unsolved disappearance may be the only lead to all missing girls.
DI Lotti Parker is not a very likable or easy person. Always on the verge to a break down, drinking to much and her children often have to fend for themselves. So, why is it I like these books about her so much+ maybe it’s because Lotti Parker has flaws some a real person. She’s not some superhero, saving the day, raising her kids and always smiling. The only thing I really hope for, is that she will find a way to see how good Boyd is for her and stop fighting him. I highly recommend the DI Lotti Parker series! I chose to read this book and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture!