Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

#1 REVIEWERon 7 January 2018
Joy Ellis is talented writer and always delivers compelling police procedural drama.  I have read several of her books and each one delivers time and time again.
In ‘Beware the Past’ DCI Matt Ballard is approaching retirement and is still haunted by one case 25 years ago where three boys were brutally murdered in the remote Gibbet Fen.  The killings stopped when the suspect was killed in a hit and run however Ballard was never certain that the suspect was guilty and now the nightmare begins again...

Ballard receives a large brown envelope containing the picture of the very last victim ...at the time of his death. More photos are received ...some were sent to his team. All are photos are of the three boys murdered all those years ago.
And then another boy is taken and killed. Is the murderer the same from before ... or is this a copy cat killer? How did he get these photos? What does he want with Ballard?

The book is haunting and disturbing in places however as a well written fast-paced crime thriller it really jumps off the page. I definitely was not disappointed with this stand alone book...
on 17 February 2018
I love Joy Ellis. I have read all of the Nicki Galena series, plus everything else she has written, and I must say this book is a stand-out. It took a little while to grab me, but once it did I could not put it down. This woman is a very talented writer, and I hope she writes many more books, because I will read them all. Thank you Joy,
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 February 2018
The story has an interesting 🤔 twist of events. The outcome is unexpected as the characters blend and complement each other. The culprits involved would take the reader by surprise.
on 17 February 2018
I loved this fast moving thriller with its intriguing characters. Detective and police staff with secrets fro the past keep the reader guessing with each enfolding chapter . No one could possibly imagine the enthralling conclusion to this book!
on 14 February 2018
Another brilliant book by one of my favourite authors. This is a stand alone novel but still set in The Fens & as always Joy has taken me there & involved me in this gripping story from page one. Highly recommended as are all her books.
on 29 January 2018
I started reading this book this morning, and I have not be en able to put it down. Brilliantly done.
on 28 January 2018
I gave this book a 5 rating, because I couldn't put it down. There was nothing I disliked about this book. Suspence pack read there with this book, I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys gripping crime thriller full of twists and turns.
on 12 February 2018
I chose a high rating as this book was extremely good,I just didn't want to put it down and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a thriller with a twist.
on 3 February 2018
This was a gripping story, I couldn't stop to sleep. A great read and a twist at the end. Didn't see that one coming.
on 13 February 2018
Very disappointing after reading the Joy Ellis Fens series. Wooden characters, unbelievable coincidences and a derivative plot.