Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

The Upside to Being Single
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:A$5.08

#1 REVIEWERon 30 January 2018
Oh Emma Hart you legend - This is Absolutely hilarious! Both sexy and insanely funny, once again Emma Hart has another hit on her hands & there is no denying she is the queen of RomCom.
The banter and hot chemistry between Jake and Mellie is wonderful in ‘The Upside to Being Single’ and proves it is so much more than an office romance.

Now ‘The Upside to Being Single’ is the first book of three, following the friends Mellie, Peyton and Chloe. This is Mellie Rogers story, she’s a hotel manager in New Orleans and during the Mardi Gras madness she is dared by her friends to show her goodies to the hunk on the balcony across the way...
And surprise, surprise, the next day brings the new owner to her office and he is no other than the mysterious man who saw her flash her goods- her sexy new boss. What follows is a fast paced story full of sass, laughs and love.

I started reading this and I loved the story from the start. Jake is a mystery and Mellie is just a great girl. This is a book written in both POV’s... so we get to know them both and understand they’re crazy insta-chemistry.

I devoured this romantic comedy - Jake and Meli were an irresistible duo that heated up my kindle and I loved the writing and the characters and I give it a fab., 4.5 stars.
on 3 February 2018
Now I really want to go visit NOLA!
I have always loved the way Emma Hart writes her stories with quirky humour and this book once again suckered me in for it!
Mellie and her 2 besties are living the single life and it’s Mardi Gras so of course you need to take on the date of flashing for beads! Who wouldn’t!! But when she flashes Mr tall, dark and silent she doesn’t think she will see him again...
Until he buys the hotel she currently manages!
They have electric chemistry and they cannot escape it even though they try to deny it!
Loved the characters, they all bring their own to the story and I cannot wait for the experiment!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 January 2018
I loved the banter and interactions between Mellie and Jake!!
They had obvious chemistry from the start, but try to keep it professional as Jake is Mellie's new boss; and they get into some hilarious situations what with Mellie's clumsiness.
Really enjoyable read, and looking forward to Peyton's story and hopefully Chloe gets one too.
on 30 January 2018
I'm actually kind of disappointed in this one. I love this author but this one didn't quite hit the mark. I'm impressed the editing only has mostly minor flaws compared to other books by Emma. I loved the humour and the build up between these two but that's where it fell flat for me. Once they finally got together in what was quite possibly the most dragged out two weeks in a book I've ever read, it was over with an epilogue that basically briefs us on the next book. It felt like Emma ran out time to actually finish the story.
on 2 February 2018
Bloody funny read this latest by Emma Hart.
The banter between the two main characters is absolutely hysterical - I was peein' my daks with laughter!!!
Perfect read for when you're in the bath, at the beach or veggin out on the weekend!!
Highly recommend this one - and looking forward to the follow up coming in March.
on 30 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this story right up to the ending where there was no actual ending. The story arc was incomplete in my opinion.
on 8 February 2018
Funny, smart, witty and real characters. Easy read, left me laughing out loud, can’t wait to read Peytons story!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 January 2018
The Upside to Being Single by Emma Hart is the first of three books surrounding a trio of best friends, Mellie, Peyton and Chloe. A hilarious romance with a slow burn that will drive you wild. Told mostly from Mellie's POV we do get a couple of chapters from Jake's perspective as well.

Mellie is a mess - to quote her directly "an organized hot-mess" and when the hotel where she has been general manager for the past few years comes under new ownership she is waiting for the arrival of the new boss with trepidation. When her friends drag her out, ply her with cocktails and then dare her to flash the Mardi Gras crowd, shocked that she has never done it before, she locks eyes with a gorgeous man on a balcony and goes for it - sans bra. When said hottie turns out to be the new owner she was waiting to meet - well, it gets really awkward at the hotel.

Jake knows what he wants and regardless of the fact that she is his employee, he wants Mellie. He is calm and in control but not an overbearing male character. He is compassionate and consistent and just persists in gently breaking past her barriers.

Well-written with a slow build throughout the entire story to the romantic climax (*wink*) and leading us into the setting for the next story. Loved it! Enjoy!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
This is an unusual rating for me, because normally I am hooked on Emma’s books. I think my issue this time was that I have just been reading so damned much, and have been a bit preoccupied.

I did like this one though, and I do look forward to the next two in the series.

The way that Mellie and Jake first encounter each other is certainly unusual in a way, particularly for people who are going to be working together. I didn’t connect as well with their chemistry as I would’ve liked, but they were entertaining to read about. Particularly the banter they had with each other. And lets not forget the donuts, am I right?

Mellie’s friends are quite funny and I look forward to more of them in the next two books. Jake’s way of taking over at work was quite good as well. I found Mellie to be extremely stubborn and sometimes that bothered me, but it worked well to play into the banter between she and Jake, which is a huge part of how they interact.

I liked how committed Mellie was to her job and her staff. She's the kind of manager that everyone wants. Approachable and caring.

This was a fun and fast read and I would recommend.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 31 January 2018
In true Emma Hart style this book has you chuckling out loud, smirking and rolling your eyes!

Melanie is egged on by her two best friends to flash her chest to some random guys during Mardi Gras....only problem is that one of them is the new owner of the hotel she manages..her new boss Jacob Creed.

Really the stand out humour is worth getting some funny looks from people as you read! Whether it is sarcastic wit or just plain funny the story is a blast. I like how the characters can laugh at themselves as well. It is a fast paced book that is so easy to read. The characters are easy to relate to and the strong, sassy female lead, Mellie, hard not to adore. Jacob is a bit on the yum side as well!

Both lead characters share their points of view giving us an insight into their thoughts although it is mainly Mellie who monopolises the sharing. There is a definite combustible chemistry that sizzles to boiling point throughout the story but doesn't take over.

I'm seriously looking forward to Peyton's book now!