Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

on 22 March 2018
This is the fourth DI Greene novel that I have read. (I started with book #8 -- MURDER IN THE MEADOW a gripping crime mystery full of twists. This spoils some of the interesting sub-plots that Martin is developing across this series of books.)

This book was well-written with good characterisation and good pacing with the narrative.And the author does not cheat the reader by hiding clues as the mystery unfolds.

The sub-plots are also well done in that they function as excellent red herrings to distract the reader.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2018
Excellent structure of the story by being engrossing, entertaining and somewhat bewildering as there are many twists and turns that make guessing the ending almost impossible. Faith writes with such a colorful phrase that I am forming in my mind the beautiful Oxford locations that she describes. The characters are structured realistically in a way that makes them believable.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 12 January 2018
Hillary has nothing to go on. No one incident shows up any idea as to why a young beautiful woman is the target. But determined to dig into every little clue, Hillary and her team sort through every last detail. The result will astound you.
One person found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 July 2018
I'm glad faith has written so many...they are a fun read. Love Hillary and her team. Love how Faith takes all the pieces rearranges them and slots them back together. She keeps you guessing .... Is this bit important or a red herring. So much fun. Highly recommended....I intend to read them all!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 January 2018
I'm really enjoying Faith Martin's Hillary Greene series. Murder of the Bride was excellent and now I'm starting on M in the Village. The characters are great and the story line is quite good. Writing very good and I love the one liners.
Highly recommend
on 19 January 2018
Good storyline with a nice mix of developing the personality of the main character alongside police investigations. I started reading this author's books a month ago and now on to book 4.
One person found this helpful
on 8 June 2018
Another murder mystery with Hillary Greene leading her team of investigators to solve a sad case involving family grief and greed. Chara cters support story line with complications, conflict and angst contributing to a good read.
on 11 August 2018
I enjoy these books, usually the same format but look forward to meeting the same characters again in each new book as they are all quite interesting especially the lead character Hillary Green. Easy read. Recommended to all the people who want a nice murder without to many gory details. Recommended for the cosy mystery readers.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
I like Hillary. She's a real woman having to deal with seriously grubby individuals. I left UK when I was 17, but the descriptions bring back vivid memories.
on 20 February 2018
Once more, Faith Martin has produced a great, fast paced story featuring some of my favourite characters. A real page-turner. Had to know what happened next.