Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

on 22 March 2018
This is the fourth DI Greene novel that I have read. (I started with book #8 -- MURDER IN THE MEADOW a gripping crime mystery full of twists. This spoils some of the interesting sub-plots that Martin is developing across this series of books.)

This book was well-written with good characterisation and good pacing with the narrative.And the author does not cheat the reader by hiding clues as the mystery unfolds.

The sub-plots are also well done in that they function as excellent red herrings to distract the reader.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 January 2018
I'm really enjoying Faith Martin's Hillary Greene series. Murder of the Bride was excellent and now I'm starting on M in the Village. The characters are great and the story line is quite good. Writing very good and I love the one liners.
Highly recommend
on 19 January 2018
Good storyline with a nice mix of developing the personality of the main character alongside police investigations. I started reading this author's books a month ago and now on to book 4.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 February 2018
I like Hillary. She's a real woman having to deal with seriously grubby individuals. I left UK when I was 17, but the descriptions bring back vivid memories.
on 20 February 2018
Once more, Faith Martin has produced a great, fast paced story featuring some of my favourite characters. A real page-turner. Had to know what happened next.
on 27 December 2017
I like books that have a back story and this one delivers. Must read more Faith Martin books. Its a great read
on 13 February 2018
excellent read
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 4 November 2017
I am growing to absolutely love Hillary Greene what an amazing character she is pure excellence on Faith's part for developing her so well. I also love the way that Faith writes these books so they can be read as stand-alone without a lot of repetitive 'catch up' text.

A bride is found murdered in a cow shed at a fancy dress parties. A lot of potential murderers and very few clues leaves Hillary flummoxed but not for long as she, and her team, get stuck in fitting the pieces together. As I have come to expect from this series there are plenty of twists and turns and a few red herrings. Add a good dollop of humour into the mix and you end up with a gripping thriller that will keep the reader turning page after page until arriving at the ending which is a real curve ball.

I can honestly say that out of all the possible candidates for the murder I had in mind the actual was someone I hadnt even considered. If you like a book that moves along quickly with the suspense building throughout the book with no sign who the murderer is then this book is for you.

The characters are all well developed realistic yet complex people that we get to know over the course of the book. A bit of romance makes for a well rounded entertaining read.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 22 January 2018
This is a 4.5 star read.

I received a review copy of this novel directly from the author and publisher Joffe Books. I have voluntarily chosen to review the book, and the gifting in no way determines my review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion.

Wow ..... the author has really gotten into the swing of things with this novel! The plot is simpler and the list of active characters has been pared down making for a well tuned novel that is fast paced, easy to follow, yet still mesmerising with its twists and turns and red herrings. The reveal of the perpetrator totally caught me by surprise, even though all the clues were hidden like little nuggets throughout.
The characters all seem to have their own problems and celebrations to deal with in this novel, adding yet another layer of depth to their back stories. While the solving of a crime is the main feature of police procedurals, the author has done an exceptional job of creating multifaceted, life-like characters who are easy to invest in and, let's be frank, it is this ability that makes Faith Martins work stand above others.
I'm intrigued with Hillary's conundrum that has her questioning her ethics, and with the nefarious reasons the new Superintendent has joined the Thames Valley Police. Do I see another rotten apple in the barrel? I shall have to read on to find out! Easy done - I have at least another three DI Hillary Greene novels in my Kindle!! Can't wait to find out what happens next.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 December 2017
Set in the bucolic English countryside this murder mystery has an interesting cast of characters and a good portrayal of Police procedures.

SPOILER ++ There is a glaring fault in the police procedures that would have gone a long way to an earlier solution to the mystery. They have DNA of the perpetrator from skin under the victim’s fingernails but they don’t seem to know that DNA also gives the gender.