Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 December 2017
A very different book to my usual read but interesting an lots of twists, I good hardly put it down . Really enjoyed it.
4 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 March 2018
The story line in this novel unravels like the crocheted baby's bonnet which features so prominently in the book. We are gradually given more and more clues and then the ending! Well, that wasn't expected. Not sure you could say it was satisfying, certainly shocking. The book is well researched and the characters very plausible and well drawn. This novel faithfully recreates the mores and social structure of England during the two world wars. It is hard to put down.
on 8 June 2018
A good plot (Spoiler alert) but wish the ending could have left me a little happier. Quite a few twists/turns and I did guess a few things but it was written well and the characters were good.
on 20 March 2018
I would have given this four stars but I really didn’t like the ending. I enjoyed the story greatly until the last page where I would have gone in a different direction - it actually ruined the read for me so only 3 stars!
on 16 March 2018
À reasonably light novel. Well written ,intriguing and an unexpected twist at the end.Occasionaly was a little hard to follow the change of eras, but still keeps you wanting to read on. Would read more if this author.
on 13 February 2018
This was one of the best murder storis. It kept me spell bound to the end. The plot was totally different than I expected. Well written and all the characters came alive in my mind. Highly recommended
on 13 February 2018
I enjoyed this book but I would have chosen a different title as some people don't like murder stories so they wouldn't read it.
on 13 February 2018
A very good read. The reader needs to stay focused though as the narrative is related from different characters and time periods, but everything comes together eventually. The author maintains interest throughout and there is no 'wasted space' to irritate the reader. Good value.
on 1 March 2018
The main characters tell their own story, from their own point of view.
I found it fascinating, with surprising twists.
It's a tragic story, but oh so compelling.
I couldn't stop reading.
on 9 July 2018
A story that seemed predictable half way through the book but the ending left me stunned. I would recommend this book.