Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 January 2018
Thank you Nadine Dorries takes me back to my own childhood and the times of change. From rules and regulations, rosters and theatre days, packing and sterilizing dressings, theatre requirements and casualty, to sterile needs of maternity ward. Bedpans and backs, meals and flowers, bed baths, and showers, day one, two, three etc post op! Study blocks and exams. 45 years ago, wonderful memories and times. Have stayed updated with the fact that both my 2 sister -in laws are practicing nurse's.
on 9 December 2017
Lovely, loving, special and heartrbreaking. I won't deny it - I spent the last chapter in tears. This book is still within the second year of the four main characters nursing studies (books 2, 3 and 4 take place in that year) In this book we follow a new Ward Sister as she takes up her post, and has to deal with a mother who is selfish and controlling; and another much loved Ward Sister with a terminal illness that affects the whole of St Angelus.

Emily makes her decision to move in with Dessie (I love these two so very very much) - even though they still (rather nievely) believe their living situation is a secret. (well, I suppose Matron doesn't know.....)but their need for secrecy has the effect of damaging one of Emily's close relationships and that needs to be repaired!

A foundling baby captures the hearts of the nurses in Ward 3 and also Emily whose nursing efforts over one night help him turn the corner back to life.

The plotline is a bit hard to follow as there are a lot of characters involved in this book and it almost seems that you get invested into one, before you get tugged away to another! We also see characters from "The Four Streets" series appear in this book - we meet the Doherty's 10 years before that trilogy starts.

As usual, the world of 1950's dockside Liverpool is brought vividly to life, and you feel like you are reading about old friends and you will, after this chapter, pop down the halls and have a cup of tea with Biddy and Elsie and all the others.

I do hope that we get more of our Lovely Lane nurses as there are several plot threads that need to be tied up. I have to say - I especially want desperately to see the major event that will be Dessie and Emily's wedding (and that's going to be an interesting logistical nightmare working around shirts so that all the people they love most can be present!).
on 13 February 2018
I've enjoyed this series of books to date & this current book didn't disappoint.
on 13 February 2018
I never want these stories to end.
on 12 February 2018
A fine ending to the series, I’ll miss not knowing how the rest of their lives turn out. Like leaving behind good friends.
on 12 January 2018
This book has been my most favorite of the lovely lane series. I love the characters and didn't want it to end
on 11 March 2018
A great series. And a easy read with lovely characters you will grow to love. I wish this was a mini series for Tv
on 21 March 2018
Absolutely lovely book. The whole series was great.
on 13 February 2018
I love Nadine Dorries books and this one didn’t let me down.
loved it!