Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

on 21 May 2017
This was a fascinating weaving of different characters and concepts in managing an old English home. The tensions between the different characters was well played out.
8 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 December 2017
This novel was a lightweight relief from some of the heavier times I have been reading. It is pure escapism, and whilst I'm sure there are many who would aspire to this lifestyle, for most of us it's pure fantasy - about as far from reality as living on the moon. Having said that the author has an easy style which coaxes us into reading what is a fairly predictable ending. Just give in to the fairy tale and enjoy some romantic fantasy.
on 9 June 2017
A very enjoyable read which I couldn't put down. All lovely people who care about others, and NO pages and pages of descriptive sex.
6 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 August 2017
I found this predictable, but then I guess that is what "light romance" usually is. However, the "red herrings" e.g. why Jonathan does not drink alcohol, of which the author made quite a fuss, were never explained, and to me this does not respect the intelligence of the reader. Marcus''s "breakdown" was overly dramatic, and there were obvious editing lapses e.g. Vanessa lying in bed listening to the increasingly heavy rain on the roof, and in the next sentence getting up to watch the moon beaming on the garden.
Disappointing
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 November 2017
I always enjoy escaping into Victoria's books, and this was no exception.
A romance or two, some laughs, tears and a few surprises; this is an excellent read, and the author's love of gardens is evident from beginning to end.
on 16 November 2017
I enjoyed reading this book and if you like romance, gardens and fun stories which are very touching then you will too. I found the book ended a little bit abruptly, but otherwise I enjoyed it
on 19 September 2017
This book made me not want to put it down. The story was one of the needy, the well to do and just family life with its up and downs. Life can be taken away from you with illness, then family members feel the loneliness with this separation. I thoroughly enjoyed this and I hope that when I read another of this author's tales it will be just as good.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 August 2017
Such a gentle sweet life, well it started with sadness, some badness. A little despair but mellows into a place we would all like to be
on 17 January 2018
Its all about how we deal with the loss, our relationship with other family members and coming through the ordeal to live once again.
on 7 January 2018
Couldn't put this book down all weekend. Would recommend to all romantics at heart - the descriptions of the countryside made me feel like I was part of the group in the actual story.