Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

#1 REVIEWERon 20 March 2016
This was an incredible story, 5 Stars without a doubt. I have to admit that even though I love Emily Bleeker's work, I hesitated before deciding to read this book, you can imagine some of the reasons why.... too much sorrow? Would I spend the entire time thinking about my own kids and husband and what I'd write to them if I knew I was dying? One thing was forsure, I was totally absorbed by this book.

At the start of the book Luke is returning home from the funeral of his beloved wife Natalie with their three children. Totally devastated and wondering how he is going to cope on his own he finds a blue envelope with her handwriting on the front doormat. She has written him a letter and these letters are a lifeline to him but as they keep coming he starts to wonder who is sending them.

The mystery letters, weren't the only mystery. There were plenty of surprises, questions and twists and turns. About the time I thought all the surprises were out, out popped another one. It was so well done. Each letter just brought out more questions, that led to another one.
Matters arise from the letters and as he investigates he turns up more questions, what secrets was she keeping from him and how well did he actually know her, was their life based on a lie?

Natalie herself was quite the character, well loved, a fighter and someone who helped many people. You really felt you knew her by reading her letters. She had a great sense of humour and brought joy into many lives. She wasn't perfect which made her even more realistic; but she always did the best she could. I don't want to say much more and spoil any of the magic but you will be enlightened as the pages unfold.

A great story that had me hooked right from the beginning, a real rollercoaster with twists and turns that kept me guessing but a lovely ending that tied everything together well. It’s stayed me for a long time after I finished reading it. 5 + stars.
25 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2018
I really liked this book. Luke, a bereaved father receives letters from his recently deceased wife....but who is sending them? The letters comfort him at a time of despair but he is determined to find the sender and along the way more secrets and lies are uncovered.
on 26 September 2016
It started well, but about a third of the way into it I started skipping and scanning, wanting to get back to the intriguing bits. When I was halfway I lost track and didn't care anymore. I stopped reading it.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2017
Well written, perfect for passing the time while traveling. One star off five as I fel the story was let down by its predictable (more-or-less happy) ending - but still good.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2017
When I’m gone, was an extremely intriguing read, right to the very last page. Quite a unique and interesting style. Thank You so much.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 November 2016
This is an easy read and a not a bad story. Perfect to read on Kindle while training to and from work.
on 27 August 2016
Really enjoyed this read. Kept me guessing right up to the final few chapters ... and stayed awake way to late to get the answers. Although I had most of it figured out by the end, I was not disappointed in the least. Looking forward to reading more of Emily Bleekers novels.
on 28 September 2016
Loved every bit of it - just wished it hadn't ended where it did - another chapter - you know - 6 months later kinda thing! Or even a year later would have been great!
on 14 September 2016
I enjoyed the suspense. The raw truthfulness of life as some people experience it. I did not want to put it down.
on 20 August 2016
This story kept me on my toes. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Lovable characters and a great plot. I highly recommend it.