Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

#1 REVIEWERon 20 March 2016
This was an incredible story, 5 Stars without a doubt. I have to admit that even though I love Emily Bleeker's work, I hesitated before deciding to read this book, you can imagine some of the reasons why.... too much sorrow? Would I spend the entire time thinking about my own kids and husband and what I'd write to them if I knew I was dying? One thing was forsure, I was totally absorbed by this book.

At the start of the book Luke is returning home from the funeral of his beloved wife Natalie with their three children. Totally devastated and wondering how he is going to cope on his own he finds a blue envelope with her handwriting on the front doormat. She has written him a letter and these letters are a lifeline to him but as they keep coming he starts to wonder who is sending them.

The mystery letters, weren't the only mystery. There were plenty of surprises, questions and twists and turns. About the time I thought all the surprises were out, out popped another one. It was so well done. Each letter just brought out more questions, that led to another one.
Matters arise from the letters and as he investigates he turns up more questions, what secrets was she keeping from him and how well did he actually know her, was their life based on a lie?

Natalie herself was quite the character, well loved, a fighter and someone who helped many people. You really felt you knew her by reading her letters. She had a great sense of humour and brought joy into many lives. She wasn't perfect which made her even more realistic; but she always did the best she could. I don't want to say much more and spoil any of the magic but you will be enlightened as the pages unfold.

A great story that had me hooked right from the beginning, a real rollercoaster with twists and turns that kept me guessing but a lovely ending that tied everything together well. It’s stayed me for a long time after I finished reading it. 5 + stars.
24 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 September 2016
I guess this was just not my sort of novel. I didn't like the characters and I found the whole concept of a dead wife sending letters to her husband, even though written whilst she was alive, distasteful. I also find it hard to believe that someone who has lost a much beloved spouse can relatively quickly get involved with someone else. I continued reading to the end mainly because I hate not finishing a book, but I didn't find it got any better and instead it made me start to get a bit hostile towards some of the people. It is definitely not a page turner and it started to drag quite badly after a while. I don't think I would bother reading anything else by this author.
7 people found this helpful
on 30 August 2016
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book ss I usually read historical fiction or mysteries. I was wrong. I loved it. Today my partner said "That must be a good book" because I usually read in the morning or late at night but I couldn't stop until I learnt the full secret.

I loved how Jessie became such an important character. Luke's emotional episodes were heart warming and very well portrayed.

Thank you for this wonderful story.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2017
Excellent book to read. Truely enjoyed it from beginning to end
Would've like to have read a bit more as to how the operation went and whether anything ever happened between Luke and Annie.
But it was a wonderful book to read.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 3 October 2016
At first I couldn't decide whether Natalie's letters from the grave were touching or creepy. But halfway through I decided that her love for her husband and her children and the need to point them in the right direction were touching. The plot was perhaps a little contrived but the mystery at the heart of it was entertaining enough to keep me satisfied and reading on.
on 14 August 2016
Easy, interesting read. The plot was not your usual storyline and had me wondering til the end. I would recommend this novel and will try another Emily Bleeker novel
5 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2017
For me it was an over indulgent tear jerker, the characters felt two dimensional and the story formulaic. Very standard representation of its genre.
4 people found this helpful
on 13 October 2016
I tried hard not to get drawn into this story with its many twists and turns of which most were unexpected. It didn't work !
I fell in, finding any excuse to pick it up even though mu university study was begging for my immediate attention.
Congrats Emily, you had me in tears many times
Bj
on 20 August 2016
I thought at firstI wasn.t going to like this book t did grab me and it suddenly grabbed me and I really enjoyed it and recommend it
on 20 April 2017
Well written, perfect for passing the time while traveling. One star off five as I fel the story was let down by its predictable (more-or-less happy) ending - but still good.
2 people found this helpful