Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

on 29 July 2016
Oh wow!! Such a brilliant psychological thriller. I was captivated right from the beginning. From start to finish I didn't want to put this book down. The author had me guessing all the way through. Only slowly divulging what happened on that fateful night in the woods in that scary old house. Absolutely loved this book. I've never read any of Mark Edwards novels before but I wouldn't hestitate to read another one. This is the first book I've read in a very long time where I had absolutely no idea how this story was going to end. It had me on the edge of my seat and I can guarantee I'll never forget this book when travelling on a train again. BRILLIANT!!!
on 5 July 2016
I have mixed feelings about this book. For the first part, I kept wanting him to hurry up and tell me what happened in the house. Once he had, I found it more enjoyable! But then, I don't like it when people beat around the bush, so it could just be that which bugged me.

Another reason for only three stars is that I like a lot of detail in the books that I read, and this didn't have quite enough for me. Not just descriptions of places, but the thoughts and emotions that go on inside characters' heads, expressions on their faces and their companions when talking to people - that sort of thing. I like to feel like I'm there, not just like someone is retelling the story and skipping over those details. I felt some of Alina's scenes could have been far more compelling and real if the author had added more detail.

Other than those things, I enjoyed the book and found myself wanting to know what happened.
on 18 January 2016
What happened to Daniel and Laura in Romania? What unspeakable horror did they see in that house in the forest? This is the basis of the plot about a young couple whose European holiday comes to an sudden and horrific end. They return home to London, but their lives have been irrevocably changed forever. And it doesn't end there - the horror of Romania does indeed, as the title of the books suggests, follow them home! This is an excellent psychological thriller with the author slowly feeding us pieces of the puzzle building to a gripping climax followed by a final unexpected twist. There were no slow bits in this book, and I found it hard to put down. Thoroughly recommended. I will be reading more from this author.
on 9 June 2016
I've thoroughly enjoyed this book and I would highly recommend it if you enjoy a psychological thriller with a very good plot and characters. From the setting of the story, to the characters, plot and details of the story you'll find yourself caught in a web you can't get easily out, except by continue to read it. The way the author plays with what your perception of the characters based on the information you have about them, versus the truth will make this novel even more interesting to you. This is the kind of book which could easily be made into a film and the film would need to live up to the expectations of the book, as it is that good.
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but really you won't regret this read.
on 11 October 2016
I really enjoyed this book - chapter 1 had me visualising the isolated Romanian train station and the woods! Gradually what happened in the woods that night is revealed and I didn't see that topic coming! The story is told from the point of view from the boyfriend - I did start reading and kept thinking it was his girlfriend narrating it! (Guess I am used to the POV being from a female). The writing was easy to read, very engaging and you are dying to know what the big reveal is.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 22 December 2015
I really liked The Magpies and wanted to read something else by the same author. I was disappointed with this. The plot was just way too complicated. It was clumsily done too, with a lot of explaining. If the author had just focused on one crime, it would have been much better.
on 15 October 2016
Definitely not for the faint hearted. I reminded myself constantly that this was only a novel and attempted to convince myself that no one is as cruel or heartless as the these characters. I generally only read at night, lulling myself to sleep, but this was not the case with this novel, I had to read during the day, this is not a bed time story.
It's a page turner.:
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2015
This book is one of the best I have read in ages. It gripped me immediately, from the first page I just could not put it down. Such an original, interesting, thrilling and completely riveting storyline. I can't write any more here, I have to go no buy more books by this author right now!
on 10 November 2017
This book starts on a high note and then makes a slow, aggravating decline encouraged by a ridiculous secret and a cast of equally ridiculous characters. This book will help you sharpen your skimming skills.
on 23 September 2016
Life would be dull, wouldn't it, if one did all the boring things,right? But if the lead characters weren't true to human nature, this book would be a damn lot shorter and duller. I found this a bit predictable but Edwards' solid writing makes up for any shortfall. It's a good read, overall.