Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 June 2017
I have a couple of Mark Edwards books they are always a good read. In this book he excels in the twists and turns and the final reveal is a shock. Though it is less bizarely horrible than most others I liked it.

Andrew meets Charlie and their love sizzles. Charlie is extremely jealous and then bad things start to happen to people he knows. Andrew starts to put two and two together. Can the love of his life be responsible.

Mark Edwards himself admits that it is difficult to tie up loose ends and there are some that are noticeable but not important. The love bird's lovemaking frenzy while special to them soon wears. The book drags a bit in the middle third while Andrew comes to grips with evil. At the end much of that detail is important, some of it is Mark misleading the reader. The last third is very strong so keep reading.

I liked this book more than some of the really dark tales Mark writes. Maybe this won't suit his normal fans but may attract new readers.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 29 February 2016
This is the third book I've read by the author. I really liked The Magpies - but this one is pretty much the same as the others. The story itself was okay, but there are just too many similarities. The main character is almost identical from book to book and the same things happen with the stalking and the cameras, etc. I was bored reading this, there was nothing new. And I agree that the ending was silly. It wasn't really necessary.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 August 2017
This book was different from the authors other books i read in that this one had a twist at the end which i didnt expect. I was convinced from early in the story that Charlie was the FATAL ATTRACTION and how naive he was not to have greater suspicions. A great story and plot , thanks Mark Edwards
on 22 February 2016
This is a great story. Poor Andrew has grown up with a lot of bad luck in his life. Then he meets the girl of his dreams, Charlie. They spend many wonderful weeks together, but gradually strange and creepy things start happening. Then people start dying. Could Charlie be behind it all?
The plot slowly builds with more and more mystery introduced until a rather explosive climax. I note that some readers have criticised the climax saying it is unrealistic and ridiculous. I disagree. Sure, it certainly came out of left field, but it had me riveted to the book right to the end.
My only very minor problem with the book was that it was a little slow to develop, but once past the halfway mark it picked up in tempo, and I found it hard to put down.
If you're looking for a good psychological thriller that will keep you guessing till the end, then read this book. I loved it. Well done, Mark.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 November 2014
I enjoyed reading this book but it took a while to get into the story's suspense as the main body of the book which describes Andrew's and Charlie's first few weeks of their relationship was long winded. That said I'm sure a lot of people could relate to their relationship and thus like or dislike the characters - I certainly recognised an ex or two.
keep with the story and your preconceived perceptions might change. I would read this author's work again.
on 9 June 2016
I really loved this book. I highly recommend it and I would just say the ending will divide the readers into two groups of opinion for sure. I love the characters and the plot of the story. Although this isn't my favourite book by mister Edwards, I very much enjoyed the plot and twists of the story. I don't want to give too much away, but it does play constantly between what you think you know and what you don't. And for that alone, it's a read which will fill your head with conjectures and theories about what's actually happening. I will say none of his books I've read so far have been a disappointment to me, so I'd highly recommend this one, as well as, The Magpies and Follow you Home. I haven't read them all yet, but I'm quickly catching up to them.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 January 2015
At first (and even until the end) it seemed as though this book would have an obvious story line. Either way, I was hooked from the first page so I didn't really mind. It was a gripping read right up until the very end. There was plenty of humorous content I could relate to throughout the story, especially with it being set in the modern times. I would definitely read another book from this author
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 September 2015
I throughly enjoyed this book. It kept me on the go every free moment I had. It reminded me of "Gone Girl" and "Girl on a Train". Not sure about the ending though. It was a bit rushed and gave you no previous hints as to the possible twist. Well worth the read especially at the price
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 5 October 2016
Too gratuitous with all the sex all the time. Didn't need to be so detailed as the story was quite good.
The red herrings did not quite fit in to the story. Could of been a different ending, a different person.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 June 2017
Maggie's was scary. This grabbed me and had my head spinning. The complexity and depth of the tale also has a pretty horrific ending but a good conclusion. Brilliant.