Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More

on 11 February 2018
Reasonable spy/crime novel series.

I got this collection for free from Amazon under one of their deals.

The character of John Milton is developed enough for me to keep reading this series. The idea of a recovering alcoholic seeking to make to make amends for his past is credible enough to drive the plot. This aspect of his character sees Milton continually involve himself in situations that put him at risk of discovery. There is great potential in this unresolved tension.

The sub-plot of Control and Group 15 hunting Milton all around the world help drive Milton's character development through the painful choices he makes. There is an undeveloped sub-plot of Russian infiltration into Group 15. This could be interesting as the series develops.

There are possibly fantasy elements in Milton being a super-soldier, and having useful contacts with the Mafia.
on 15 December 2017
A great introduction to the Milton series. A character with flaws—like most of us—he is, nevertheless entirely believable and refreshingly different. His world is bleak and unyielding, and described by the author with an eye for detail that rings true and brings Milton's world to life. The stories are nicely paced, without dragging, giving the reader time to savour the author's skills. When the action starts, it builds momentum nicely, revealing Milton to be a man of many deadly talents. I think there is the making of an excellent movie or even a TV series here. John Milton would be well suited to someone like Jason Statham. Highly recommended.
on 24 March 2016
Loved this book. Took me a while to warm to John but I love his character. The plot definitely thickens and intertwined. Great read. Would highly recommend and can't wait to read the next book. I chose this rating as I couldn't put these books down! I read all three consecutively!
on 7 May 2017
This set was value for money and also a very good read and introduction to this series. I gave only four stars as there were a few details glossed over or not answered (such as who or what the Russians had that would make John Milton go to work for them). Having said that, I will probably continue to read this series.
on 29 March 2017
Absolutely loved both series and am hanging out for the new Isabella Rose on 6 April. Your protagonists have a habit of grabbing at my heart and imagination and therefore I am rooting for them from the beginning of the story and read avidly till the end aaannnnddddd then I am waiting impatiently for the next book to arrive.
on 6 February 2018
I found these stories difficult to put down. I like the central character and his wish to atone for the sins of his past life. It makes me wonder if there are people around who dispense justice like him and get away with it. A wonderful read.
on 25 December 2016
I have just finished the first 3 book series and am sure to purchase the rest. I have been a long time fan of Jack Reacher, read all his novels and am now ready to follow John Milton. You certainly have a new loyal and faithful fan Mark.
on 29 December 2017
Great series. A well-written story that brings to bond Fleming's Bond. The author has a great way of tying together a complex plot and engaging the reader. Book 1 took me around a week to get through and I was hooked - finishing the rest of the series in less than 2 days.
on 16 June 2017
This was a very enjoyable read from the start. I've now read 3 of Mark's books and each has been unputdownable. There's enough detail to keep you moving but not to get bogged down. In fact, I've listened to less music and watched less TV since I've found Milton.
on 12 November 2017
Fast action thoroughly enjoyable. One wants to go on to the next book to find what happens next. John is a totally believable character warts and all.