Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 February 2015
This book depicts the saying "You never know what goes on behind closed doors." Or maybe "You never know who your neighbours are."
I enjoyed the story albeit disturbing at times - but the young couple who move into their new flat are likeable and I sympathise with their situation. The writing takes the reader on a journey aboard a runaway train heading for a disaster. This isn't a pretty ending but fascinating and worthy of a recommendation.
13 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2016
I loved this book. The couple in the book are very easy to relate to. Their issue with neighbours who give them hell for not clear reason, it's very relatable too and how it starts to escalate and get worse is also very easy to believe and understand. I think anyone who has been through having neighbours who do creepy things to you and your spouse/partner, putting you in a situation where you ask yourself if you should move out, will not think this is overdone, but instead will consider there're very freaky people in the world and this could happen. I found it very engaging and captivating, I don't think I've ever finished a book this quickly. Precisely because I needed to know what was really going on, and I'd find myself confused at times, just as the protagonist in this book and doubting wether they were exaggerating all of these events in their heads, or even beginning to imagine things. Eventually, I found myself truly disturbed by the truth, truly shocked by the details of the hell these two characters have been put through and overall wishing their be able to find happiness and peace.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 July 2017
It took me some time to get into the gist of the story. I thought Jamie was just having a bad dream. At first i thought Chris and Lucy were harmless but then half way through the book realised they were 'sick people' and that Jamie was beginning to lose his marbles. The ending was not surprising and i really felt for Jamie in particular. To read the postscript that this book was based on some fact, i am not surprised. Great read and looking forward to Marks next book.
One person found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 February 2018
On the whole an enjoyable story, but I think the execution was lacking. The dialog between a 20 something married couple is far more relaxed than ‘Would you like a cup of tea dear?’, ‘Oh yes please’. It read a little more like Downton Abbey.

There’s been some other reviews about the somewhat unnecessary sex scenes and yes, they are a bit odd and out of context.

Shame. If the execution were better this would have been a 4-5 stars.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 September 2016
This is the second book by Mark Edwards that I have read and I must say again I thoroughly enjoyed it almost as much as Follow You Home. I now can't wait to read the next one. His style of writing is easy to read and fast paced. Definitely page turners always with lots of twists and you feel as though you know all the characters personally. Well done to the author for a very enjoyable read.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 June 2015
The story starts with a young couple moving into a block of units, when strange things begin to occur , is it the neighbours from hell below or is it another neighbour trying to make it look like them?
This book was an exciting thriller from the first chapter, could these things really being happening to Jamie and Kirstie or are they being paranoid? or are you the reader being parodied? this book grips you from start to end definitely worth the money definitely worth the read
3 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 March 2018
Once again, I couldn’t put this down. I’m really glad I found this author and grateful to have just about all his books. It’s very hard to find a suspense/mystery/thriller that maintains your interest and you don’t find yourself wishing it would hurry up and finish. I enjoyed every page of this book and already bought the sequel that just came out
on 10 February 2016
This is another good psychological thriller from Mark Edwards. If you have ever lived somewhere next to the "neighbours from hell" then you should read this book. I'm sure your neighbours will pale into insignificance compared to the evil monsters who set about to destroy the lives of Jamie and Kirsty, just when they thought they had moved into their ideal paradise.
My only criticisms are that the plot moved a bit slowly at times, and some of the sex scenes were described in a bit too much detail.
But apart from these it was an excellent story, and I will be reading more than this author. Well done, Mark.
One person found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 September 2016
This was a captivating read from start to finish. A very disturbing and shocking outcome for the two main charachters Kirsty and James and how their lives are destroyed by their neighbours from hell. I sympathised with the couple for the mind games their freaky evil neighbours put them through, but I still hoped their ending would come up smelling of roses!
on 2 January 2017
Brilliant story, kept me reading and on the edge of my seat - hints of supernatural...but is it just in the readers mind? Well structured, likable main characters, fast moving plot.... I liked the ending as well as it was believable and not some unrealistic twist at the end. Just wish there was a sequel. One of Mark Edwards best efforts - well, of his books I have read so far. Definitely becoming a fan.