Learn More 50 million songs to make the moment Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

on 7 July 2016
This is the second novel I have read written by author JoJo Moyes and I want to state how much I enjoyed it. One Plus One is an interesting and compelling read, it tells of a family peopled by the ordinary of this world, a family, which is held together by the strength and dedication of the mother who at best is an inspirational character, and at least a cleaner and a single mother/woman who is not just a cleaner but also a bar attendant. There are two children in this family but only one is actually Jess's the mother figure, the other an awkward teenager of a boy who is someone she has taken under her wing, along with a family dog called Norman -- what is a family without a dog?. As you can imagine, the family does it tough most of the time, but ultimately good things do happen to good people, but not all the time. At the heart of Ms Moyes novel writing is conflict. tangible underdog conflict but also happiness and success, even though at the next bend in the novel, the happiness is often snatched away. This is what keeps the reader reading, 'the what happens next,' scenario and it is never dull even if sometimes heartbreaking. I sincerely recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys a satisfying, even an inspirational read.
review image
on 22 November 2016
Fabulous read, very hard to put down! I have only recently discovered this author and so far have read five of her books - all beautifully written. I have now downloaded several more to my Kindle and look forward to reading them all.
on 13 December 2017
Wonde read. I enjoyed the characters as they were engaging and quite real. Although the story was a bit predictable.
on 7 April 2015
I found the book quite heavy at times as the continual struggles of the family went from one crisis to another. I felt really sorry for the Mother who tried so hard to make things better. It was a happy outcome and that was good.
on 20 December 2017
This book bought me to tears on more than one occasion... in a Happy way. The power of love prevails and the realisation that good thing do happen! Well worth reading.
on 13 February 2018
A great stand alone read... It had a few flat moments, but we have been spoilt by JoJo's best sellers. Worth reading
on 25 September 2014
I constantly felt something bigger was going to happen...when it didn't. A lot of regular situations and scenarios for all of the characters and for those sticky bits that did actually happen...they certainly didn't enthrall me.. A very obvious ending to a very regular book.
on 22 January 2017
Loved this book as much as the others I have read. The characters are engaging and likeable. I stayed up later than I should each night , had trouble putting it down
on 12 July 2017
I didn't want this story to end! The first of Jojo Moyes books I've read, but will definitely be reading more.
on 26 March 2017
I found this book in the same class as you brfore me. A little sad in parts but still wuit god