Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 May 2015
Good story, away from the normal type of book I read. Found it rather depressing at times as I dislike the way the mother treated her child, but she didn't really know any better. Was very glad to finish the book. Won't be reading another such like book! My husband thought it was great and he'd rate it five stars!
2 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2015
Character driven and cleverly written, this lovely story won my heart. Ms McKenna has a wonderful way with words and had me laughing out loud many times. The unforgettable crazy characters were captured beautifully and the story line had a few different paths that followed and met at crossroads with a satisfying conclusion.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
You are transported in this book to the other side of the troubles in Northern Ireland during the early eighties. Always there were human stories which were both sad and funny at the same time. Most of all you will laugh at all the little Irish sayings and peculiarities which are Irish to the core. If you are Irish born I think anyone will enjoy this good yarn of a story!
One person found this helpful
on 2 October 2016
Read this book whilst visiting Ireland for the first time and can easily imagine the setting of the book as well as the characters I am sure many of them are still replicated here today. The story line came together nicely and the characters were full of life set in the time as it were an enjoyable book
One person found this helpful
on 1 September 2016
Another fantastic book by Christina McKenna, i really got into the other 2, which you dont need to read to read this one, but if you have then this is a must read brings in the characters that you have come to love from the other books.
on 26 October 2016
An interesting plot with some unexpected twists. I found the language amusing at times. Some of the characters are slightly dubious but it was a good winter read. I thought the ending was clever and satisfying. Worth reading.
on 18 April 2016
Loved this book.....it was serious one minute and quite funny the next. The dialogue, written to make you read it with an Irish accent, takes me back to my time in Ireland.........the Irish are very funny people, however they haven't realised it yet. And this book is so real to life...for me it was anyway....it captures the Irish people at their best.
on 24 June 2016
A good read, funny stories within stories, kept me interested till the end where everyone was happy. Will read others from this author. Thanks
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 November 2014
One ting after another, you can just see it. An interesting tale of life's great ups and gowns, well worth a read
on 6 April 2018
Enjoyed the book , good read and a bit of fun with the characters could hear my grand parents speaking