Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 100 REVIEWER
21 March 2017
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sparks fly between Token and Harley from their very first meeting. Harley is drinking to forgot. 10 years ago her family died and every year on the anniversary she gets sloshed. Token is sent by his boss to collect Harley and bring her home to California.

I loved Token. He is tough, sexy, smart and very patient. He wants Harley but he sees that she is in pain and is not ready to let someone in. And Token is right. When we see Harley's point of view it is clear that she is hiding from the pain and from people and needs someone she can trust to love her. Token shares himself and his family with Harley to try to break down her walls.

There are a lot of things I loved about this story. Harley and Token's great chemistry which makes for plenty of heat; Token's brothers and family who are fun and a loving bunch; Token's strength and bravery to face the difficulties in his life were some of my highlight. I confess did struggle with Token calling Harley lass. Nothing wrong with the term lass but every time Token said it I could picture Billy Connolly in my head and hear his Scottish voice which was particularly off putting during the sexy scenes.

This is the first book in the Daring the Kane Brothers series and I was pulled in right from the start and when we got to the end, I wanted more. The next brother to get a book is Steele. Bring it on.

Wicked Reads Review Team