Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Shop now Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

21 July 2018
This book had me from the first page and by the end, I was an emotional wreck. In 1987 a young man meets a girl called B. What follows is a sweet story of first love set in the 80’s. The story is told entirely from the boy’s (we never learn his name) point of view and is refreshingly innocent and at the same time very real.
It’s a coming of age story of first love that is beautifully told. Vega is a talented writer who doesn’t put a foot wrong. The main characters are both real and sympathetic. This book is an easy read that will carry you along as B and the young man discover love, friendship and growing up. There is also the added bonus of the time period, I love books and films set in the 80’s so, for me, this was a great piece of nostalgia. Vega throws in references to films and music (and using pay phones) that really set the mood.
Without giving anything away, this book has some really emotional parts, you’ll need a tissue.
Loved it!