TOP 1000 REVIEWER
9 September 2019
Maybe my expectations were too high, but the Echo Dot just doesn't seem to do as much as I would like. Try as I might, I have found the 'Skills' to be very little or no use at all. For those that have seemed interesting, the functionality either doesn't work or it's not broad enough to be useful (ie. it doesn't have many of the features that associated the website has). And Alexa, although she doesn't seem to have much trouble understanding me, doesn't seem to be able to find answers to questions. I have also been using the Google Assistant which has no trouble interpreting questions and reporting answers back....

Where the third generation Echo Dot excels is in music playback which is particularly good considering the size of the unit. And I don't always have to play internet music as by connecting bluetooth to my phone I can play all the music on the phone's internal storage.

I'm hoping things improve and I'm sure they will as I try more things but the 'Skills' really need a lot of work to make them useful.
3 people found this helpful