Reviewed in Australia on 12 October 2017
This book was my introduction to N.R. Walker and I have to say what an introduction it was. This story was so emotional, I was either crying like a baby, laughing out loud, or was sitting with my heart in my throat in anticipation.

It is a story of how two people find love and the difficulties they face. What makes it more difficult for them is that they are gay, and this introduced issues relating to homophobic families and colleagues, and fears caused by past incidents that they also had to deal with.

I was unsure what to make of it at first. The book is unusually written in that it is, in the authors words, **This 20,000-word story is told in drabbles: each chapter consisting of only 100 words.**, but it worked. I think it made the emotions stronger than if it was drawn out over longer chapters with more words and it doesn't detract from the complexities of the story and the characters.

Do yourself a favour and get a copy today, and make sure you have some tissues handy when you're reading it.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink