1 May 2019
There are not enough stars to give this book!! I have read it 3 times so far, and I love it more each time! Having read the entire Nashville Assassins series, I am a massive fan of Toni Aleo and I am beyond excited that we now get to read the Next Generation!!! And what better way to start than with Shea and Elli's daughter, Shelli Adler?! She's sassy, beautiful and curvy like her Momma; but has her Daddy's confidence, strength and sheer determination to give their hearts what they want. And Shelli's heart wants Aiden Brooks! Shelli has wanted Aiden since she was 11 years old and now is her chance to get him ... only problem is that Aiden doesn't do relationships or love but he finds himself continuously drawn to Shelli, like a moth to the flame. His career is shaky, he's finally back home with his family and he knows that getting involved with Shelli is a REALLY bad idea.
"Though, man, if there is anyone I want to make bad choices with, it's her." - Swoon!! Aiden is sexy, hot AF and yet so unsure about how to be in a relationship that you cannot help but to completely love him. Asher, his brother and confidante, is absolutely hilarious and I love all the usual Assassin family dynamics - now just with older kids. I adore how the couples we read about in the original Assassins series, are all still so in love 10-20 years later and that we get to revisit that in this Next Generation series - they all have stayed true to their characters and are just so funny now as parents - knowing what their kids are up to based on their personal experiences!
I really do have a huge amount of respect for Toni as an author. To be able to build a world like she did, in the Assassins series, that sucks the reader in and makes you feel like you are right there with each character, through each relationship and yes, at each hockey game!, is an amazing talent in itself. But then, to take that world and expand on it into a new series of the Next Generation (literally!) that takes the reader on a new path, while visiting past and much loved characters along the way, is just brilliant and sensational. I honestly cannot wait for the next book of this series!!
2 people found this helpful