TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 7 July 2015
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Fighting Shadows picks up the story where Fighting Silence left off. Flint is in a hospital bed and we get a very funny and uncomfortable scene thanks to some strong pain killers.

Struggling to recover from his gunshot wound and pining after his brother's wife, Flint leaves his family to go to college. He struggles to deal with his new disability. When he meets Ash she treats him like he is any other guy, picks his pocket and calls him wheels. Ash is a a thief, doing what she has to in order to survive but she has a great heart.

For me this story had a slow build up. I was going along enjoying it thinking it is good but not as emotionally gripping as Fighting Silence. Then things quickly changed and the dam burst and I was howling my eyes out turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next.

I'm a sucker for stories about people down on their luck and struggling financially to make it so this series is right up my alley. Fighting Shadows is a great love story between two people overcoming big obstacles to make something of their lives. A fantastic read and I can't wait for Quarry's book.

Wicked Reads Review Team