Reviewed in Australia on 27 March 2021
A member of my family recommended this book to me. They found it a revelation, information that they wished they had access to years ago. That is true for them. I was reading this around the time of my 40th wedding anniversary. I have also spent time with many couples in preparation for marriage. I didn't experience it in the same way. It helped me recognise characteristics in my relationship with new insight. I imagine that I will add it to the range of material I introduce to couples to help them develop the best road map for their future relationships. However, I am not so confident as the claims the author makes that seems to suggest that knowledge of the material is predictive of good outcomes in our relationships. Those who have the "Avoidant" and "Anxious" relationship styles will benefit from this the most. Of course, reading the book will not improve relationships. Engaging intentional practices long term, as a result of what has been learned, into our relationships is required.
Report abuse Permalink