TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 5 January 2018
This is the kind of romance book that can easily polarise readers. You’re either going to be snorting with laughter, cackling at the innuendos or you’ll be rolling your eyes at the crassness of it all. I fall into the group of snorting cacklers.

Foremost, this book pays homage to romance books and romance book readers. Knox Moretti, aka Mr. Romance, and our hero is a librarian and romance book blogger. He exhibits many traits of hardcore romance readers; his Kindle is filled with books, he is quick to recommend a book based on tropes, he wants to convert others, he gifts books to aid in said conversion, and he regularly consults his Goodreads shelves. I found myself highlighting all of the books Knox recommended and I admit to adding a few to my own Goodreads shelves.

Parker Elliott, the heroine, propositions Knox into playing her fake fiancé at her school reunion where an important business contact will be attending. Parker had a horrible time at high school and as a result never really shook off her insecurities. Add in several failed relationships and a perpetual case of foot-in-mouth syndrome, Parker is still a bundle of awkwardness 20 years later.

Knox and Parker embark on this fake relationship and it takes little time for the attraction to flare between them. These two really know how to get it on. But they both agree to a casual arrangement since neither is looking for commitment. Ah, the delusions of romance book characters...

There are many humorous and laugh out loud moments both between Knox and Parker as well as other secondary characters. And as funny as these characters were, there were just too many of them. After a time I found it hard to kept them all straight. I gave up and just went along for the ride.

This is sexy, flirty and bawdy read. It’s fun!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink