Reviewed in Australia on 4 February 2020
During the past year, I have read dozens of books that promise to change your outlook in life, or claim to have a secret formula to do things better. Kirsty's book is none of that, it's better than any guru advice or secret formula.
What I got from it is a newfound appreciation for my unique gifts and quirks. I made me realise that I don't need to change everything about myself, I just need to appreciate myself more.
It also made me look at failure in a different way. The suggestion of falling in love with failure seemed absurd to begin with but as Kirsty explains there is a lesson to be learned with every failure - you just need to recognise what the lessons are - made me apply this useful technique even to the banalest types of failure, like screwing up a recipe.
Every chapter resonated and the techniques were more like "the best life advice you'll get", therefore, easy to adapt to your everyday life.
This is a concise read but every page is filled with value, leaving no room for unnecessary information. It's funny, enlightening and incredibly clever.
It'll be kept with books I go back to again and again when I need to feel inspired.
review image