Reviewed in Australia on 16 October 2018
I have never and I mean never, fallen as immediately in love with a female character as I did with Lorraine.
From the moment that Lorraine stepped onto the scene, she owned this book for me.
So many times I found myself laughing and cheering her on. Not that there weren't moments where I thought 'Oh, crap...something bad this way be coming,' and 'oh crap, that is not going to end well.'
For me, this book had everything that I love about paranormal romance: heat, humor, action, romance and drama with supernatural elements.
The 'Dark' Carpathian series is a long standing favorite of mine that I've been reading for well over ten years now.
I have loved watching the characters fall in love as the Carpathian world grew and evolved.
I was invested in the world and watched and cheered as the Carpathian race struggled to survive from the brink of extinction, watching as they learned secrets and hidden truths and lies, and always, always falling more and more in love with the series as each book brought more characters to vivid life.
I have adored every single book in this series and look forward to, hopefully, reading many more to come.
I'm particularly enjoying this new underlying evil arc in the latest books in the 'Dark' Carpathian series.
And if you're reading this review and you've never read any of the books in the series before, don't stress, every book in the series is a standalone, but probably better enjoyed reading the series as a whole.
Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink