12 April 2014
I wasn't sure that I liked this book when I first started reading it but it certainly does grow on you, much in the same way that the main character Jorg does.

In this novel in particular Jorg is basically an anti-hero but I found myself liking him more for it. This phenomenon continues as the book goes on and really takes root when you start to read the next 2 books in the series. There are hints of secrets and idea that aren't fully explored unless you keep reading and continue into the next 2 books so don't expect to have all the answers at the end of this book.

I will admit that it was difficult to remember all of the characters. It seemed to me that a lot of minor characters were introduced very quickly and seeing as they are all cut from a similar cloth it made it that bit more difficult to remember although I found that it did not detract from the experience much at all.

The character development in this book is quite good and the author manages to make the characters, Jorg in particular, grow in such a way that you may not notice it at first which I found to be quite interesting.

Overall this was a very good read and well worth the price.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink