14 January 2019
HOLY SMOKES!

Okay, this book is HOT. First of all.

While the premise of this book is not a new one (the whole "let's just be friends and fool around and we will both promise not to get emotionally attached, but then we end up getting emotionally attached" scenario), what I loved the most about THIS version of the trope is the amount of emotion Hazel made me feel, especially the latter part of the book.

I also loved the dialogue. The snarky back-and-forth Carter and Nina had was my kind of humor, my kind of tone, and I thoroughly enjoyed how they would joke with each other. They had the feeling of truly liking each other, not just wanting to get into each others' pants.

I read A LOT of books, but Carter is definitely one of my favorite book-boyfriends. If you like college romances, he will be one of your favorites, too!

Though I haven't read any books by Hazel before, I will ABSOLUTELY be reading more by her. For me, she may be one of those authors whose synopses I don't even read, I just know that if they wrote it, the book will be phenomenal, regardless of the story line.

(I was given a copy of this book in consideration of my honest thoughts)
0Comment Report abuse Permalink