Reviewed in Australia on 26 January 2017
Smoldering Ashes by Annie Anderson is book 4 in the Ashes to Ashes series. This can be read as a standalone because the series takes place in the same world but focuses on a different couple each book and follows their journey. If you read books 1 to 3 first though, this will make for a better and more comprehensive reading experience.

Having said that, I really enjoyed this book. It's the first book I've read by Annie Anderson and I adapted to the writing style very easily. Im a huge fan of paranormal romance/suspense and this did not disappoint. I'm actually looking forward to going back to the earlier books in the series and reading those as well.

I found the story interesting and loved the subject matter of Phoenix, Shifters, wraiths and witches. The characters felt real to me in that they were opinionated and flawed and Ioved the variety of characters and duel narration. The story bounces from past to present quite a bit but it felt right for this story, especially coming into the series with this book.

I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink