TOP 500 REVIEWER
3 April 2019
Oh… mmm… Gee!!! This book. This book was everything! I was immediately in love with this story!

Alexandra can be naïve at times but she is so young and I like to view her optimism as her seeing the world as it could be rather than as it is really. Erik is a complicated guy. He can be cold and cruel at times and then he can be kind and compassionate. I think Alexandra described him perfectly: “You’re kind of an a****** but a good one”. He says one thing but does the complete opposite. He tries to resist temptation but his jealousy gets the better of him. He lashes out and his methods are perhaps a little extreme. I’d be slapping him the first time he pulled a stunt like that with me. And yet, I absolutely love Erik! I think he has replaced the crush I had on Prince Eric. This Erik is so much more fun ;) Now, he isn’t perfect. He criticises Alexandra for her naivety but it’s understandable considering that he has seen the underbelly of the world. He does however have honourable intentions and is a modern day hero. Even if that isn’t how he sees himself. He does the right thing for its own sake and doesn’t want recognition or accolades. He simply tries to right so many wrongs that have occurred in the world.

The characters were brilliant in this story especially Ian who is an absolute hoot! I love how he gives Erik a hard time in a brotherly fashion. Some characters however really deserved a slap in the face. With a chair.

There were moments in the story when you needed a fan. Or a very cold shower. Others, you needed hold onto to something because you weren’t sure what was happening. And finally, I was so overjoyed at one moment near the end I was jealousy and happy all at the same time. I love that while the story is a standalone, the overlap of characters from other stories written by Fiona Cole is brilliant. I love how connected the stories are and I can’t wait to dive back into the magical universe that Fiona Cole has created. I am eagerly awaiting her next story. I’m on the edge of my seat!
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink