TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 16 January 2021
Welcome back everyone, Rachel is back with a follow up novel to Getting Dirty and it’s amazing!

I was really hoping there’d be a sequel to Getting Dirty and I had my wishes granted in a way I wasn’t expecting! Who knew the bartender was hiding so much and it’d take the PR queen to get it out of him?!

We start off at a wedding in Scotland where Cait finally convinces Jackson to sleep with her. And this is when we start to discover the issues that Jackson has struggled with for years. We had no idea about any of this until now and it’s exactly up the alley of Rachael’s style to bring in difficult topics.

If this was the first of her books I’d read I’d think she was copying 50 Shades of Grey, but I know better. Although the Mrs Robinson vibe is still there with an underage boy being seduced by a married woman, there were marked differences between those cases and Jackson.

In this case, Cait and Jackson work through his issues together over months and in ways I wasn’t expecting. Who knew so much could happen in just 6 months and in the way that they did?

I have a couple of fav bits including the car scene and the very last chapter. I don’t want to say more than that coz it might ruin it for you, but I felt like those were major breakthrough moments for them. Jackson more so given everything he’d been through, how he felt about it and the lasting impacts on his mental and emotional health.
Report abuse Permalink