18 July 2019
Never owned a PS so I can't compare. Last console I owned was a Super Nintendo (wife had an XBOX 360 when we met that was rarely hooked up), so my first foray into current-gen consoles. Ex PC player mostly, though haven't played games much since before we had kids.

Basically everything about the XBOX One X I like - good ecosystem, good games (I always find physical discs to be cheaper, just keep an eye on amazon's regularly fluctuating prices), good controllers. Platform rarely crashes (once in 12 months). I don't play online much, so I am more of a single-player. I bought a 4K TV about 6 months before the XBOX and it makes terrific use of the new TV. Once I started playing games on my couch with a 75" 4K TV I just couldn't go back to PC with monitor!

Most winning factor = backwards compatibility! To know you can replay your old games, buy older classics that you may have missed, and play your current games in future hardware. TY Microsoft for investing in this capability, because to me it makes all the difference.

Whatever you think about Sony vs Microsoft vs Nintendo, MS were the first company to legitimately make an effort to offer flexibility to their users - backwards compatible, good online services, Windows 10 crossover on newer games, good streaming to external devices. Whilst streaming to a computer cannot compare with using a 4K TV, it's a good option if the TV is being monopolised.

Overall v. pleased with the console and it has reinvigorated my interest in gaming.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink