Reviewed in Australia on 16 October 2014
For a debut novel, Miss Krat has done a lovely job at giving us a beautiful romance between two very likeable characters. While I had some issues with the book, the story held the potential to be fabulous. I will definitely be reading more from this author and I am now hanging out for book two.

Elizabeth Williams and Ryan Price enter each other's lives purely by coincidence. Elizabeth has a very mundane job and is always striving to better herself in not only her life but also her career. Ryan on the other hand is the CEO of Price Corp, he is arrogant, cocky and wants nothing more than to exact revenge on his father.

Elizabeth and Ryan both have personal demons that seem take over their thoughts and control their lives. However, it doesn't stop these two from getting to know each other and finding out why the connection they feel towards one another is so intense. From their chance meeting to their first time grabbing a drink, these two hit it off and the humorous moments between them really did make me laugh. Their banter was witty, funny and not over the top. Can these two get past all the problems in their path and find happiness in the arms of each other?

I enjoyed this story, and I really did want to love it. My concerns were with the content. Dual POV is always a favourite for me, however I felt the going back and forth over the same scenes that had just happened in both POV's was unnecessary. It only added to the length of the book. Many times I found myself wanting to scan over these paragraphs because it didn't hold any new information I felt I needed to know, it was just a repeat from the other's perspective. Because of this and other times where I felt we were being told unnecessary info I couldn't fully find myself loving it. The writing quality was really good for a debut and I can see plenty more amazing work coming from this new author in the future.

★☆★ 3.5 Damaged Stars! ★☆★
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink