TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 30 April 2019
**4.5 stars**
Meredith Appleyard has become one of my favourite authors.
I love the way she portrays small town communities.
This time she’s ventured into Broken Hill and while this story is not so community based, it does show similarities in it’s story line.

Anna Kelly has returned to Broken Hill as a pilot for the Royal Flying Doctor. She was in the town for a short while during her final year of high school and she didn’t count on flight nurse Nick Harrison remembering her. He’s keen to get to know her better, especially as she’s aware of why he’s now back in his home town but she has a few secrets that she wants to keep.
I loved the characters in this book, I felt for Nick as he tried to do his best for his off beat Mum and the way Anna interacted with her. The book also shines a light on how the The Royal Flying Doctors work and cases they may come across, some very harrowing for those involved.
Personally, I felt Anna was a bit silly not telling Nick her ‘secret’ sooner, they both well and truely were old enough for having another life...but I get it’s part of the story. I guess that’s where it didn’t quite hit the 5 star mark for me although I still loved it and the story left me in a good place.
One I would highly recommend.

Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for a copy to read.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink