20 July 2017
I have to say, i read a sample of the start of this book and i was absolutely hooked!!! I could not have downloaded it on my kindle fast enough. It was witty, relatable and a real page turner. Unfortunately, soon after the first chapter, i really had to force myself to keep reading the book. To me, it lacked substance and intrigue, and the message probably could have been summed up in an article rather than an entire book. It's not that i didnt agree with the message of the book because the author makes some absolutely spot on points. I was dissapointed that i only got glimpses of the author. I felt that the book could have been more personal from his perspective instead of constantly referencing stories of other people in the past. It just made it hard to get stuck into because, at times, it felt like you were reading a series of somewhat relevant short stories that were tied together with a repetitive message. Sorry.
24 people found this helpful