TOP 500 REVIEWER
11 June 2019
A rollercoaster ride of emotions, wrapped up in an intense storyline. Cruel Intentions had me laughing, crying, shouting, and feeling warm inside. There are twists and turns, and revelations I never saw coming.

I will just say that when this is called a DARK High School Bully Romance it's not a lie - there are some moments that will make you question how you view situations both in the book and real life, and one scene in particular that made even me very uncomfortable at just how dark and twisted some characters were.

The FMC Abigail is such a brave and courageous person, but sometimes I feel like her bravado is naive and over the top. However, there are moments when I feel like she could be part of who we all aim to be as she questions the way she feels and tries to figure out a way to make sense of it all in her head. What I love the MOST about her though is that she doesn't just roll over at the word "Sorry" from anyone, and my favourite part of the book is when she says...
"Sorry doesn't magically make everything right... ...You're supposed to have my back. And you. Did. Nothing."

The main male characters are an interesting combination of personalities that all seem to complement one another, and there isn't just a blanket reaction from them. Instead, Siobhan Davis has taken the time to make sure each character she has interwoven into the story is its own entity, which with the amount of supporting characters we have is not an easy feat.

This story has definitely reeled me in, and I'm interested to see where it goes in the next instalment of Rydeville High Elite.

** I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author for review consideration **
2 people found this helpful